Chapter 38 - The Grimm's Heartache

Trubel tried to push past you, but you quickly stopped her. “Take Marie and go hide,” you said, pushing her up the stairs.

“But…” Trubel tried to argue.

“GO!” you yelled, turning back towards the Hundjager. 

He started making his way up the stairs, you quickly kicked him in the chest, pushing him back down. You braced yourself as you jumped over the railing, landing, and rolling on the floor at the side of the staircase. You ran towards the table in the hallway, only to have the vase on it explode as another gun shot rang out. As you reached under, trying to feel for the weapon that was hidden, a perk to the home being owned by a Grimm and a cop, when another bullet ricocheted near your head. You quickly turned and kicked as the Hundjager lunged for you, knocking the gun out of his hand. You went back to retrieve the weapon, only to have your head yanked back as the Hundjager grabbed your hair. You cried out, trying to free yourself as a knife was placed by your throat. You felt the Hundjager’s lips by your ear.

“Viktor sends his regards,” he whispered.

Bracing yourself for the worst, you squeezed your eyes shut. Instead of feeling a pain in your throat, you hear a grunt as something wet splattered behind you, the Hundjager’s body thumping behind you. You turned on your knees, to find Meisner standing there with a machete in his hands, the Hundjager’s head off to the side. Without acknowledging Meisner, you ran over to where Sean was still laying on the floor, blood pooling around him. You felt your heart shatter as you reached out with a shaky hand, tears streaming down your face.

“Baby?” you whispered as you gently caressed his face. He didn’t move. You sobbed out as you tried to get Sean to open his eyes.

“I called Nick and an ambulance,” Trubel said as she ran down the stairs, Marie still in her arms. “They should be here soon.”

You continued stroking Sean’s face with a shaky hand, your breath shuttering as you continued to cry. Meisner kneeled next to you, feeling for a pulse. You looked at him in question with your red puffy eyes.

“There’s a pulse, but it’s weak.”

Your heart was hammering in your chest. You tried to catch your breath as you felt a panic attack creep up. You began sobbing again. Meisner pulled you into his arms, trying to comfort you as the sound of the sirens got closer to your home. Trubel was trying to comfort Marie as she began fussing. You felt your heart shatter as Marie let out a blood curdling scream. As her scream ran out, glass shattered throughout the house. Trubel ducked, protecting Marie from the shards flying everywhere as you leaned over Sean and Meisner over you. You looked up, your eyes wide as you looked to Trubel who looked just as spooked as you.

“(Y/N)!”

You looked over to see Nick and Adalind running towards you. An ambulance and cop cars were pulling up from where Nick left his truck. 

“Oh my god,” Adalind said, her hand going to her mouth in shock as she saw you covered in blood and Sean laying on the ground.

Nick ran up the steps of the porch, practically falling on his knees as he placed his hands on your face, looking you over. The paramedics made their way over with a stretcher.

“Are you okay?” Nick said softly. You shook your head no. You, Nick, and Meisner were pushed out of the way as the paramedics quickly got Sean on the stretcher. As they began to move him towards the ambulance, you pushed past Nick to follow.

“Ma’am, you can’t come with us,” one of the paramedics said, holding out his hand to stop you.

“That’s my husband,” you said as you continued to try and push past him.