Chapter 5 - A Grimm Case

"So not only did it end up being a cop, but a Bauerschwein? I know they and Blutbaden don't get along, and I know Angelina is bad news bad damn, I didn't see that one coming," Monroe said as he handed you a beer. You were lounging on the couch in the living room, kicking your high heels off.

You laughed, "I know, right? How ironic that a cop was also a Bauerschwein?" You took a sip of your beer and looked at Monroe questionably, "Do you think that's how cops got the pig nickname? I mean, it's so derogatory."

"Huh," Monroe said as he took a sip. "I hadn't actually thought about that. But the good news is, Angelina is long gone. Don't think we have to worry about her anymore."

You hummed in response as you leaned back on the couch, closing your eyes.

"You look beat (Y/N). How's it been at the precinct?"

You shrugged your shoulders. "It's fine. Busy."

Monroe cocked an eyebrow, "And the Captain?"

Your head snapped down to look at him. "What is that supposed to mean?"

He held his hands up in surrender, "Nothing, just noticed he tends to have heart eyes when you are around."

You scoffed as you threw a pillow at him, "Shut up," you said with a laugh.

Monroe laughed, catching the pillow before it knocked over his beer bottle.

********

The next morning, when you walked into the precinct, you were met with a flurry of cops running around. You made your way over to Sean's office where he was on the phone. He looked up when you knocked on the doorframe, gesturing for you to come in. Once he hung up, he walked over to you.

"I want you to help Wu with some research on a case. We've had multiple homicides that all point to the same killer. Nick and Hank are out working the case right now."

You nodded in response as you followed him to a room with a table in the middle, boxes and folders scattered everywhere. Wu looked up as you both walked in.

"Wu," Sean said with a nod, "(Y/N) is going to help you sort through these files. Let me know if you find anything."

You both nodded in response as Sean closed the door behind him. You turned to Wu.

"So, what do we got?"

"Well," he said as he handed you a folder, "How squeamish are you?"

You smirked as you took the file, opening it up to find a picture of a dead man with a gavel shoved down his throat.

"Yikes," you said. "Talk about bringing down the hammer."

Wu scoffed and rolled his eyes, "Amateur."

You laughed, "Well, not all of us can be good at the jokes like you."

There was a knock at the door as an officer poked their head in. "We've got another body. We need you at the crime scene."

Wu looked over to you, "You good?"

"Yup," you said without looking up from the file you were reading. "I'll be here looking for our perp."

"Look at you, sounding like a cop!" Wu said with amusement.

"Yeah, well, when your brother is one, it tends to rub off," you said with a smile.

About twenty minutes later, you jumped up from your chair. "Oh shit," you whispered. "Shit, shit, shit, shit," you said as you ran to Sean's office. You burst through the door without knocking.