Chapter 51 - A Grimm Return

“So let me get this straight. There is a group of Wesen that are calling themselves the Black Claw and believe that Wesen shouldn’t have to live in hiding?” You asked as you looked at your brother on the computer screen. While Meisner had briefed both you and Sean on what he knew about Black Claw, you had received word from Nick that he had everything under control and had just wanted to make you aware of what was going on and for you and Sean to continue with your royal duties. It wasn’t until you got an urgent message from Rosalee that they needed you and Sean to return home that you actually sat down and discussed what exactly was happening in Portland.

“Yeah. But we are talking like extremists. They are handing out flyers around the Wesen community. Trying to get people to join their cause. They want to go back to the old ways,” replied Nick.

“Yeah. Think ancient traditions. Hunters hunting prey. Things that make us less human and more animal,” Monroe chimed in, his head popping into view. “Remember the Jägerbars and the Rohhatz? Imagine that but worse.”

You groaned as you rubbed the side of your head. Sean rubbed your back, trying to help your tension and anxiety to die down. “Nick, we know all of this, Meisner filled us in the first time you contacted him about them. What has changed now?”

“They’ve also been singling out Wesen, who won’t join them. Destroying their businesses and threatening them,” Rosalee said in the background.

“Shit,” you whispered. “And what about us?” You asked. “Grimms, I mean.”

“We’re either with them or against them,” Nick said with a huff.

“Is this just happening in Portland? And how long has this been going on? Last we heard, you told us that everything was under control.” Sean said.

“Considering the federal government has a secret organization created to handle the Black Claw, I’d say it’s happening everywhere and has been going on for a while now,” a voice rang out.

You furrowed your brows at the computer screen. “Trubel?” You asked in confusion.

Trubel’s head suddenly appeared on the screen. “Hey (Y/N) and Sean!”

“Exactly how do you know this?” asked Sean.

“Yeah, about that. They sort of kidnapped me, and I’ve kind of joined their taskforce. I got sent here to Portland once things started to get complicated.” She replied.

“So, wait. All of this has been going on, and you all are just now telling us about this?” You asked in annoyance.

“You two have enough going on with getting things settled as the new reigning royals. We were hoping we could get this under control without you. But now we have a situation that needs your attention and unfortunately involves you two,” replied Nick.

“Of course, it does,” you mumbled.

“We’ve discovered that the leader of the Black Claw is a man by the name of Conrad Bonaparte,” Trubel said. “And he’s been asking to speak to you both.”

Sean tensed next to you. You looked over at him in concern. “Sean?”

“He’s a Zauberbiest,” Sean replied. “I’ve never formally met him, but he comes from old money, and being a full Zauberbiest is very powerful.”

“What does he want with us?” You asked, turning back to the screen.

“In layman’s terms, for you both to take over Portland in the name of Black Claw.” Adalind joined the others on the screen, holding a baby in her arms.

You felt your heart skip a beat. “Oh my god, is that…”

Adalind smiled, “Kelly,” she said before you could finish.