Chapter 8 - A Grimm's Want

⚠️ Smut Warning

********

"So where are we going?" you asked as Sean drove through town.

"Well," he said as he glanced over at you, "I thought about taking you to a nice restaurant but then thought better of it."

You raised an eyebrow at him as he smirked.

"Wouldn't want any unwanted Wesen dropping in on our conversation. So," he said as he pulled into a parking garage and helped you out of the car, "I thought I would dazzle you with my cooking skills."

You laughed, "So he cooks?"

Sean smiled as he led you to the elevator. "My mother taught me a thing or two."

You noticed he hit the button for the top floor. The penthouse. As the elevator opened, he led you down a short hallway to the only door. Unlocking it and letting you in first, you nearly gasped at how beautiful his apartment was. It had floor to ceiling windows that led to a balcony that overlooked the city.

"It's so beautiful," you said.

Sean walked up behind you, smiling, taking your bag, and setting it down on the nearby table. He gently wrapped his arms around your waist and rested his chin on your shoulder as you both looked out the window.

"Wine?" he asked against your ear, causing goosebumps to go up your arms.

"Yes please," you said with a smile as he kissed the side of your head.

You followed him into the kitchen as he poured you a glass. You sat down on one of the chairs at the kitchen island.

"So," you said after you took a sip of wine, "when did you know?"

He sighed, "Honestly, the first time we met."

You raised your eyebrows, and your jaw slightly dropped. "You mean when I dropped Nick's lunch off?"

Sean nodded, "Yeah."

You shook your head, "But how?"

He shrugged, "I just did. I don't know how to explain it, but something primal came over me."

You chewed on the inside of your cheek before you asked your next question, "Did you know that I was a Grimm?"

Sean leaned against the kitchen island, "You mean did I know your brother was a Grimm?"

You nodded in response.

Sean sighed as he stood up and made his way to the fridge, pulling vegetables out. "I didn't know until your Aunt came into town and was attacked. Then I met you and that all but confirmed it."

You leaned back in your chair. "Nick and I didn't know until Aunt Marie told Nick. We both had started seeing things and thought we were going crazy."

Sean nodded as he started chopping the vegetables, "That makes sense. You two are the next generation of Grimms for your family line. It tends to happen when a death is coming."

You shook your head, "They kept us in the dark about everything. What we are, what my marking meant, everything."

Sean stopped prepping the vegetables and walked around the island, taking your hand in his.
"They were trying to protect you." His thumb absentmindedly rubbed your wrist. "Especially if they recognized your marking. They would have been concerned for your well-being."

You threaded your fingers with his, slightly tugging on his arm. He smiled as he leaned in closer to you. You breathed him in, the smell of his cologne taking over your senses. You felt your head get clouded with desire as you quickly cleared your throat, trying to concentrate.