Chapter 30 - The Grimm Prophecy

"Ok," Nick said as he walked through the front door of Monroe's house. "I've got a large veggie, a meat lovers and a..." he scrunched his nose in disgust, "pineapple and dill pickle pizza?"

"Oooh!" you said as you reached out your hands from where you were sitting on the couch, "That one is mine!"

"Pineapple and dill pickle?" Monroe asked.

"You should see what she eats for breakfast," Sean replied as he sat down next to you.

"So how did the move go?" asked Nick.

"Good!" Rosalee said as she took a bite of pizza, "We managed to find a place for everything."

"So, where's your bodyguard?" piped up Monroe.

You rolled your eyes and groaned. Nick chuckled as Sean wrapped his arm around your shoulders. "He's around. When we are all together, I don't worry as much."

"Besides your bizarre cravings, how are you feeling?" Nick asked.

You smiled as you rubbed the growing bump. "Good," you said with a laugh.

"Well," replied Rosalee as she got up and walked into the other room. "There was a reason we wanted you both here tonight," she yelled out from the other room. Walking back in, she carried multiple pastel colored bags.

"What's this?" you asked as you sat down your plate of pizza.

"We wanted to throw you a baby shower, but with everything going on, we figured it would be better if we just did this," she said as she handed you a bag.

You began opening your gifts. They gifted you everything from onesies, pacifiers, crib sheets, blankets, and a baby swing.

"You guys have done too much," you said as you opened your last gift.

"Oh nonsense!" exclaimed Monroe, "It's not every day your best friend has a baby."

You leaned your head against Sean's shoulder, "Now we just need a place to put all of this stuff."

"About that," responded Sean as he pulled out a small, wrapped box. "My gift."

You furrowed your brows at Sean and gave him a small smile. Untying the bow, you unwrapped the box and opened it, pulling out a key on a keyring. You looked at Sean in disbelief, "What is this?"

"I thought it was time that we settle down in a place of our own, preferably with a backyard."

"You bought a house? You bought the baby a house?" you said in shock.

Sean chuckled, "I bought my family a house."

"Makes the baby swing we bought seem cheap," mumbled Monroe. Rosalee laughed as she smacked Monroe's arm.

You leaned over to kiss Sean, suddenly gasping out at a sensation in your stomach. Sean clutched your arms in concern as you looked up at him with a smile.

"What is it?" he asked.

"The baby," you said, taking his hand in yours and placing it on your stomach, "it kicked."

The sensation happened again. Sean smiled as he looked down at your stomach. Nick, Rosalee, and Monroe stopped talking and looked over at you and Sean.

"What is it?" asked Rosalee.

"The baby is moving," Sean said with a smile.

********

"Should you be handling such herbs?" Meisner asked as you measured out the ingredients for a tincture.