Chapter 49 - A Grimm Trip

After the chaos of the past few weeks, arriving back home was almost eerie. The silence was deafening, and knowing that at that moment, you, Sean, and the rest of your family were technically safe, was almost overwhelming for you. You nearly collapsed when you walked through your front door, Sean quickly catching you before you fell. He hoisted you up in his arms, carrying you up the stairs to your bedroom. He took you into your ensuite, sitting you down on the counter and turning the water in the bathtub on. He gently helped you remove your bloody shirt, running his hands over the spots where you had been cut and stabbed. While there didn't appear to be any scarring, Sean still knew where every cut had been made.

He leaned down, kissing your abdomen, wrapping his arms around your waist, and laying his head in your lap. You ran your hand through his hair, a quiet hum coming from him. Ever since you moved to Portland and you and Sean had found each other, your life had been nothing but utter chaos, and now, for once, you felt at peace. Sean helped you down from the bathroom counter, getting the rest of your bloody clothes off and helping you get into the bathtub. He leaned down and kissed your head before turning to leave. You quickly grabbed his hand, his head turning towards you.

"You're not going to join me?" you asked softly.

He smirked, "You relax. I'm going to go order us some food."

You nodded in response, sinking further into the tub. You sighed out as the warm water began relaxing your muscles. Leaning your head back, you gazed up at the ceiling, your mind wandering. You wondered how Marie was doing with Monroe and Rosalee and about how much she had probably grown since you saw her last. It didn't seem that long that she had been whisked away, but a tear slipped from your eyes when you realized it had actually been over a month since she had left. Sighing, you sat up straighter, wiping the tears from your eyes as you grabbed a loofa and began scrubbing at your skin. You felt disgusting between all the dried blood and the residue of the restraints that had been used on you. Once you felt clean, you climbed out of the tub, drying off and grabbing the comfy clothes Sean had left out for you. You smiled as you pulled on one of his shirts and a pair of leggings. You walked into your bedroom to find Sean sitting on the bed, his back against the headboard, and a large spread of takeout boxes on a tray.

"Oh my god, I love you!" You exclaim as you make your way over. Sean chuckled as you immediately grabbed an eggroll, stuffing it into your mouth. "I didn't realize how hungry I was," you said with a mouth full of food.

Sean handed you a fork as you both dug into the food. You sat cross-legged by him, both of you eating in comfortable silence, when you finally decided to ask the question that had been burrowing in your mind.

"So, what happens now?"

Sean raised an eyebrow, swallowing his food. "Well, I'm the rightful heir to the House of Kronenberg. As much as I don't want to and would rather shut ourselves inside our home for a month without anyone bothering us, I'm going to have to go to Vienna and take care of matters. Make sure everything is in order."

You nodded, "I'll go with you."

Sean reached over, cupping your face. "Sweetheart, you don't have to do that. You've been through so much. The last thing I want is for you to get pulled into royal affairs."

You rolled your eyes at him. "Sean, if you think for one minute that I'm going to allow you to travel to Vienna, officially take your father's throne, and put the family in its place without me there, then you obviously don't know your wife very well."

Sean laughed as he leaned over and kissed your head. "Then we'll go to Vienna. But what should we do about Marie?"

"I've been thinking about that. Maybe we should reach out to Monroe and Rosalee, let them know they can return. But I don't want Marie to go with us. It's too dangerous."