Chapter 54 - A Grimm Plan

You were in your bedroom, getting ready for bed. Standing in front of the full-length mirror, you held up your shirt to get a better look at your bump. Rubbing you hand over it, you smiled as you felt a small butterfly movement. You wondered if Marie was right, if it was in fact a boy. Hearing your bedroom door open and close, you smiled as you saw Sean walk up behind you, his arms wrapping around your waist and his hands cradling your belly. You sighed as you leaned back into his chest. Meeting Sean's eyes in the reflection, he cocked an eyebrow.

"I know that look," he said. "What's on your mind?"

"Are you really going to run for mayor?" You turned in his arms, so you were facing him.

"What do you think?" he asked as his hands absentmindedly rubbed your stomach.

"I know what I think but I want to know what you think," you replied.

"No," he said. "There is no way I am running for mayor. I'm barely going to entertain Boneparte's ego before we put an end to all of this. If I were to become mayor, it would cause an even bigger rift between the Wesen and the humans."

"What about Hadrian's Wall?" you asked.

"They are a government run organization. I don't trust them. Meisner has been filling me in on some of their tactics and we both agree that it, along with Black Claw, needs to go."

"So, what's the plan then?" you asked as you made your way to the bed, watching Sean as he changed out of his clothes.

"I'm going to meet with Boneparte. Just the two of us. I think he may be more open in discussion without you there. I have a feeling he is a bit old fashioned when it comes to women's roles. I want to see what he has to say before we make any moves." Sean proceeded to crawl into bed, opening his arms so you could snuggle into him.

"Just promise me we'll kill him. I did not like the way he looked at me."

You felt Sean's chest move with a chuckle. "You're so vicious when you are pregnant. But don't worry. He was dead the minute he questioned our mate bond."

You smiled to yourself as you felt Sean kiss the top of your head. Boneparte had no idea what he had gotten himself into.

********

You checked your watch as you waited for Sean to finish his meeting in his study. Boneparte had arrived to discuss the plan of Sean running for Mayor. Sean's suspicion regarding Boneparte's view of not just you but women was all but confirmed when you greeted him at your front door. He had the audacity to ask Eve of all people to bring him a drink. Eve! Your murderous Hexenbiest bodyguard! Before either of you could speak out against his old-fashioned ways, Marie came running into the foyer. It was then that you realized that Boneparte had the notion that children should be seen and not heard, much like women, when he looked down his nose at Marie when she ran into Eve's arms. Seeing Boneparte's dislike of your daughter made your blood boil. Thankfully, for him at least, you didn't get a chance to retaliate towards him as Sean walked in then. Noticing the thickness in the air and seeing your demeanor begin to change, he quickly had Eve take you and Marie to the other side of the house. Hearing the door open of the library, you quickly looked over to find Eve walking in.

"Marie?" you asked.

"She's with Elizabeth," she replied.

You sighed as you continued your pacing, absentmindedly rubbing your bump.

"What's wrong?" Eve asked, breaking you away from your thoughts. "I've never seen you this unsettled. Ever."

You chewed on the inside of your lip, not sure if you should say what has been on your mind for so long. Eve had truly proven her loyalty to your family, but you were still hesitant to trust her. Meisner walked in shortly after and with him present, you felt that perhaps you should finally speak your mind.