Chapter 29: Hangout

Russia's POV

My old friend, Martial, just randomly spawned- ...I mean appeared at our school. Well I am happy about this, since there's a lot of things to catch up with him.

‘I wonder if he'll give me his blessing regarding his sister…?’ I thought. “No, no…he's probably just here to visit Sunshine…” I quietly said, as I shook my head, trying not to think about anything else.

“Visit? What do you mean by that?” he asked, looking at me confused. “Nope, he's going to study here now too” North said, as he helped Martial with his other things.

“Is that so? Pretty sure that Sunshine will be glad when she knows that.” I replied, trying to carry some of his things too.

“But it'd be better if she didn't know this first. I plan not to let her know that I'm here until I'm finished with some things.” he replied with such seriousness. “Have you heard about the attack here at the school?” he added.

“I just heard there's some attacker that got away? Is that what you're talking about?” I asked, thinking what's the connection of that and him being in here.

“Apparently, Phili's the one who almost got attacked.” North replied.

“SHE GOT WHAT?!” I said in surprise, raising my voice up. “I never knew that? If I did, I would have chased that attacker no matter where they were.”

“Right? I would too. But I heard that she was just followed…not attacked” North replied, and was confused now too.

“I don't care what happened, but if she's in danger, then it's my job to protect her. The rumors probably just got exaggerated or something…leading to that story.” Martial replied.

“If you want it as a secret…then what now? Where will you stay or how will you attend class?” I asked Martial.

“My dorm is the same as yours…I'll probably won't be there to begin with so there's no problem of me bumping into Phili or something.” Martial said. “I’ll just go there after my investigation or when things are clarified already,” he added.

“Why don't we hangout? It's been a long time since we saw each other and talked.” North suggested.

“Good idea.” Martial and I replied. "...but Martial wants to keep it a secret that he's here, right? What if someone sees him and tell Sunshine?" I added.

"Then a disguise?" North replied, as he pointed to some sunglasses laying around.

"Sunglasses? Who am I? America?" Martial asked in a very confused manner while he picked up the sunglasses. "But that's not a bad idea," he added.

I just laughed as I watched him wear the sunglasses. "Looking good," I said.

"Ughh…like who wears sunglasses indoors?" he growled in annoyance.

"Well you did." North jokingly added.

Martial wore those shades, some face mask to cover up his face, and a hat, as he said, "I guess this will do."

"Where should we go though?" I asked, as I followed them. "We can go to the nearest cafe…? I like their coffee there." North suggested. "The one in the next block? Their coffee sure does taste good. But doesn't Sunshine and her friends always hang out there?" I replied.

"Speaking of her…Phili just texted me, and ask me if I wanna hang out with them." North said while showing us the message. "I'll just say that I'm with you Russia…and I won't mention you Martial." he added.

"Sure," Martial replied.

"...she's asking if we can all go together…" North said. "What do I say?"

"Uhhh…she'll try to convince us to go if we decline." Martial said while he looked at North's phone to see the chat. "Right…it's hard to reject her." I sighed as the two just nodded in agreement to what I said.

"Just make an excuse…I don't know." Martial said. "I said that we're busy," North replied.