Chapter 2: Early Morning in the Family

~the next day~

Perla's POV

"Kati, you already talked to Asean about the transfer of our daughter today, right?" I worriedly asked him.

"Oo Mahal, di mo kailangan mag-alala dyan. (Yes Love, you don't need to worry about it.)" he said to me as he assure me that it will be alright.

"Salamat, Mahal. (Thank you, Love.)" I smiled at him.

It is early in the morning and I am preparing a delicious breakfast for all of us. I also made sure that everything they need is already in order, so that they won't forget anything.

Phili's things to her new school, with all her school materials.
Martial's training bag, with his extra shirts and towel.
Del's work shirt is also ready, ironed and fixed.

And lastly, all their lunches that is already been packed carefully, with all their favorite dishes.

"I guess everything is prepared. All that is left is for them to wake up and eat breakfast." I smiled as I prepared the table. "All of that looks and smells nice. I will wake them so we can already eat." Kati said as he looked at me.

Kati's POV

I went upstairs to wake up my three little kids...well, technically speaking, they are not kids but all grown ups already...but, they are still our kids, right?

"Del! Martial! Phili! Gising na kayo at kakain na ng almusal! (Del! Martial! Phili! Wake up and we will already eat breakfast!)" I shouted to wake them up. I received no answer, it is obvious that there are still sleeping.

I went to each of their rooms and wake them up.

"Phili, it is already noon!! Are you planning to skip your first day of school and sleep all day?! I'll tell Asean that your absent because you are still sleeping! You want that?" I said to her as she wake up with a shocked face. "Noon?! What?! Don't tell me I missed already my classes?!" she said as she trying to find her phone to look at the time. I left and went to the next victim--I mean next person.

"Martial! I will triple your training if you keep sleeping! Wake up already!" I said to him, but no response. "Ohhh...you really don't want to wake up huh? I will tell your mother that you are still sleeping so that you will be scolded by her!" I said to him as I acted like I'm gonna call their mother. "Hmm...I am already awake." he said while yawning widely. "Really? Your awake already? At that state? Your training for today will be tripled, ok!" I sarcastically said to him. "Tripled?! Are you serious Papa?! Why?! I am already awake, you know." he said to me as he is aggressively fixing his bed. "You really look like your awake now, Martial. I guess I'll just make your training double and not triple." I said to him as I sarcastically pat his back. "Doubled..." he mumbled.

I left his room and went to the last one. It is really fun to wake them up...especially when trolling them. Now, what should I say to our eldest kid?

"Del, someone is looking for you! Hurry up before SHE go! It's your GIRLFRIEND!" I sarcastically said as a emphasize some words for him to hear. "My...girlfriend...?" he mumbled. "Yeah, so you better wake up already there." I said to him. He suddenly wake up and hurriedly fix himself. "Wow, so you're actually awake now. Do you even have a girlfriend?" I sarcastically said to him. He looked at me with disbelief and said, "Ohhh...right..." he said with a hint of disappointment with his voice. "Oh...right...you don't have one!" I laughed and looked looked at him. "Papa, why are you doing this to me?" he said to me with a sullen voice. I continued laughing at him and said, "Fix your bed and go down already."

I also went down to the kitchen and waited for them together with my wife.

"Looks like someone is in a high spirit here, huh?" she said while looking at me. "And there are...in a low spirits..." she added as looking to our children. "Anong ginawa mo Kati? (What did you do Kati?)" she said to me.

"Wala. (Nothing.)" I said while avoiding their stares to me.

"Papa said that it's already noon and I'm already late. When it's still early!" Phili complained to their mother.

"He said that my training will be doubled..." Martial said with a sullen voice.

"And...he said that my girlfriend is here for me" Del said with a disappointed voice.

Phili and Martial looked at him and said, "What? Do you even have one?" they laughed.

"Mom, they are bullying me. Look!" Del said.

"Don't worry, Del. Someday you'll also find the love of your life, just wait for it, ok?" Perla said to him. "But for now, let's eat, so you can prepare for later." she added.