Chapter 23: Letter

Asean's POV

As usual, I am so busy with my work. Good thing is that I can rely on my 'kids' about other things.

They're not actually my sons and daughters but I treat them as my own. So I'm already their second father/parent and my door is always open to all of them.

"Sir Asean, these are the letters you have received in the mail. I already gathered all of them." Singa said as he put the letters on my desk.

"Singa, you don't need to be formal. You're part of the family, you know?" I replied.

"Yes Uncle, but I thought I should at least be formal. Especially, in front of the other higher-ups, like Sir EU and Sir UN here." he said as he glanced to them and gave a little nod.

"We don't actually mind." Mr. UN replied. "Besides you always help your Uncle, so are are used to it." he added.

I started reading the letters and one of them caught my attention. It was put in a simple brown envelope, sealed by stamp with a sun and stars.

"What's the matter? You look...uh... worried or something?" Mr. EU said confused.

"Singa, could you please give this to your brothers and sisters? It's a reward for their hard work for the past exams. Thank you." I said. To be honest, I just don't want Singa to hear  our topic because he'll worry.

"Sure got it." he obediently followed.

"Mr.Eu and Mr. UN, do you still remember the twin brother of Phili?" I asked seriously.

"You mean that one who caused trouble when those three... colonized his sister?" Mr. EU replied.

"Who wouldn't remember that? That caused a lot of people losing their lives. But what about him?" Mr. UN added.

"My dear friend Kati, their father, wants to enroll him in this school. In order to protect, Phili. Since it's not that safe because of the-" I continued but Mr. EU interrupted and said,

"Yeah, I guess that's a good idea. He can protect, not only his sister, but also the other students. However, we don't know what will happen if he and the other three meet. Probably another trouble."

"I agree with Mr. EU. It's a good idea but a risky one. What do you want to do about that?" Mr. UN agreed.

"I'm gonna think about it and...will just send a reply when I finish all the preparations." I said.