16.Two broken hearts

Months passed Mallika worked hard for her final exams, whereas Sumedh was fully changed he started eating food on time and he started concentrating in class, now he was not rude and introvert like before Mallika fully changed him. All other girls in class were attracted towards him. Mallika sometimes feel jealous if he talk to them and she used to take him away from them.
Mallika pov:
Today is my 12th final exam I'm very scared last night I didn't even closed my eyes for a second. My hand was sweating badly. I took deep breath and was about to go inside exam hall. Suddenly Sumedh came infront of me to scare me even more.
"This time I will surely score more marks than you just wait and watch"
I said with full confidence.

"okay let's see by the way All the best do your best I know you have worked really very hard for this day"
He forwarded his hand I recieved his handshake.

"Thanks, and I know you will do your best"
I was still holding his hand staring at him he called out my name bringing me back.

"Mallika??"
I took off my hand and said with hesitation.

"aa..yes I'm getting late I have to leave"
I said and entered inside the exam hall. After 2 weeks my exams were over and I was happy that I have done really well but still I was scared about the results. We were having holidays for a month after 1 week the results will be announced. I had a call from my Uncle and Aunt ohh,God they are coming to India I can't believe it. They arrived India I spend some quality time with them I badly wanted to meet them. Because they were the only one I have in this whole world. They took me for my favourite place lonavala for a vacation. We enjoyed a lot in these days I can't able to meet him. I wanted to call him but I didn't called I wanted him to call me. Everyday I was waiting for his calls and texts but there was none. The only thing disappointed me. At night I was eating dinner at my favourite restaurant with my Uncle and Aunt. I was looking at my phone for his calls suddenly my Aunt spoke I kept my phone aside.

"Mallika"
She hold my hand softly.

"Will you come with us for London please after your results you can continue your studies there"
No, I can't I want to stay here.

"but Aunt.."
I was about to speak something but my uncle spoke.

"Mallika we know you wants to complete your education here but we are all alone there. We want you to be with us"
He said with teary eyes.

"We never had a child, but now you are my daughter and we want to spend some time with you after education you will marry someone then we have to stay alone so till then I want to be with you Mallika"
My Aunt was also having tears in her eyes.

"sorry Mallika I can't transfer my job to India I tried a lot to transfer my job. But they didn't agreed"
He said with disappointment. I looked down remembering each and every moment I spend here. Most precious moments I spend here with Sumedh. Only he was roaming in my head. One side my Uncle and Aunt who adopted me and gave education in such a expensive and famous School I know it was very difficult for them only for my future with many difficulties they paid my fees and showered their unconditional love. They treated me as their own daughter and gave everything. And at the other side Sumedh, I don't know what do I do??

"Mallika will you.."
My Aunt was about to say something I spoke instantly.

"okay, I'm ready to come with you both"
They both were extremely happy. They immediately hugged me. I hugged them back.

On result day
I crossed my fingers. God please God atleast this time the last time make me the School topper after this I don't know when will I meet Sumedh again.
The notice board was kept. I ran to see to my result. I searched my name. No,no,no I'm not dreaming. This is real I scored 99% and Sumedh has scored 98% I can't believe it. I jumped in happy. But my all happiness vanished when I realised this is the last day in this School with Sumedh. I decided to confess my feelings to him today I don't know how will he react after he get to know I'm leaving India tonight. I ran to search him I was searching for him in the whole School. I stopped seeing him in a empty classroom I was about to enter but he was not alone there was a girl with him. As much I know she was the most popular and beautiful girl of our School.

"Sumedh, I really like you"
She said and directly kissed him. I can't able to see this I kept my hand on my mouth to control my sobs and ran from there. As much far I can run. I wiped my unstoppable tears and tried to forget everything. Closing my eyes with clenched fist. Suddenly I felt someone holding my hand. I opened my eyes just to see Sumedh standing infront of me. I immediately took off my hand from his.

"Don't touch me! I saw everything. This was the reason you didn't called me after our exams??"

"No Mallika it's not like that you have mistaken"
He again holds my hand with tears in his eyes.

"today, I was really very happy I came here to tell you something important but you..."

"Mallika please give me a chance to explain you"
He said I took off my hand.

"Explain what Sumedh?? And why?Why do you want to explain me?? We are not even friends we both are just competitors. You are nothing to me, And I'm leaving from here forever"

"what do you mean by forever Mallika?? Where are you going??"

"very far away from you. Again don't show me your face"
I said and left from there while wiping my tears. I went home Uncle and Aunt were so happy looking at my result. I gave a fake smile and went to my room to pack my all stuff.

At night
I was sitting alone in my room with lights off only my phone vibrating sound and light was visible. Till now I got 79 missed calls from him and more than 100 texts. My room door got open.
"Mallika why are you sitting in this darkness?? Are you not feeling well??"
She asked with concern.

"No, I'm..I'm fine"

"okay, come we should leave now. Your uncle is waiting"
We went down it was raining terribly.

"ughh! This rain, Mallika you stand here I will bring umbrella"
She went to bring umbrella. I forwarded my hand in the rain. I looked at my shoe I forgot to tie shoe lace I weared my hoodie cap and was tying it Suddenly I didn't felt rainwater falling on me I looked up to see Sumedh holding umbrella for me.
(A/n: you all can imagine the poster pic)
He still cares for me I stood up and started moving.

"Mallika please stop"
He shouted while following me.

"No, it's enough Sumedh I can't stay here anymore"
I said and sat inside the car. And left to Landon only with the memories.
This was the last time I saw Sumedh....
                            ✨TBC❤️

Precap:
Let me keep it suspense guess by yourself what will happen and in this I'm not mentioning flashback ended. From the next part we will go back to the adult Sumellika. What do you all think what will be their reaction comment down....

Don't forget to vote and comment ❤️