In Each Other's Colors

JANKI'S POV

"Aren't you ready yet " Radhika's voice came.

"I'm not finding my kataar (dagger) " I whined looking around.

Mom will kill me if I loose that.

"Come out. It's here" She said and I abruptly opened the door and sighed as I saw it.

Radhika looked at me for a second but then smiled.

"What" I asked

"Raani sa khil rahi hai aap ( You're blooming) " She said and I smiled as I took the kataar and we both left for the garden while two men behind me had chavar in their hands while one held a chattr above my head.

As I went there I looked at the decorations and smiled.

"Wow" I whispered

"Liked it" Lakshya bhai sa asked

"Loved it" I replied hugging him and he smiled as he held my hand and walked till the stage which was of lavender theme

"Why hints of lavender" I asked

"Don't know. Rana sa told that she will love lavender color" He said and I smiled knowing why he said that.

I looked to find the back drop with lots of fresh flowers, in front of me were fresh flora and a cream colored couch was there with lavender cushions and lavender flowers.

I was wearing a light green poshak adorned with minimal jwellery and as I was made to sit, I found my family dancing and hooting.

And somewhere I felt guilty that an year ago I snatched this happiness from them.

"What you thinking beta" Papa asked

"Just that I snatched so much happiness from you last time" I frowned

"We won't be celebrating right now if that didn't have happened" He said and I looked at him because he got it to the point.

I hugged him smiling and he gestured both the mothers who smiled coming near me.

"Here we go" They said as they put some henna on my hand as a good omen and then the professional henna artists carried.

JANKI'S MEHENDI