•Chapter 75• Bill's Orders

"Bill's orders, huh? Gonna shoot me in the head?" Casper kept his gaze locked with the other two men. He could hear cars in the distance so they couldn't be too far away from the city. Casper felt scared nonetheless. If Bill wanted to kill him – and this is where it would happen – there was a chance that his body would never be found. That thought scared him. One of the men clicks his tongue. Casper did not want to appear scared or threatened. "Might as well get it over with." He said in a bold tone. "Not going to shoot you, kid." The man who clicked his tongue told him. Casper furrowed his eyebrows. He felt very confused. If they didn't want to kill me – which also meant Bill didn't want him dead – why was he brought here? The other man took a step to the side. He reached into his pocket. It looked like he was going to pull out a gun or another weapon. Not going to shoot you doesn't mean they won't kill you. "The boss wanted us to find you before anyone else did." The man pulled out a pack of cigarettes, pulled one out, and held it between his teeth. "Find me before anyone else did?" Casper's eyes darted between the two men, "You have to admit that sounds a bit vague."
"We have our orders." The first man spoke up whilst glaring at his partner for lighting a cigarette. Casper rolled his eyes a bit. "Shitty orders." He sounded like a brat. Which was more than fair in a situation like this. "We just need to get you back to the boss. Seems to be very interested in you." The man added. Bill. Bill was interested in him. His partner took the cigarette from his mouth and exhaled a big cloud of smoke. "His Little One is."
"Can't really blame the kid either."

Casper let those words settle in his mind for a minute. His little one. Bill's little one. "Jade is with Bill?" He was worried. They tried too hard to stay out of his way. These men had told Casper about the crash that happened with Jade and he remembered parts of it. He whatsoever did not remember Bill showing up at the scene. They were hurrying away and then... then everything went black. "Feisty one. Did she do this to you?" The man gestured his cigarette up and down toward Casper. He was in rough shape. He could feel it ever since he woke up. He felt it right now. "What? No. The crash- we-" He was struggling. The more he thought about it, the more alive he felt, managing to ignore his sore body and the painful signals that shot up and down under his skin. "Is she okay?"
"Assume she is if she's asking for her toy back." The smoker eyed him up and down again. Casper furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. "Her toy?" Both men shrugged. "That's what we've been calling you. Nothing personal." The first man told him. Casper holds up one of his hands to shut them up. Not that that was necessary. "Her toy?"
"Kid, it's nothing personal. We used to call Bill that at some point. His wife was always a bit feisty. His Little One isn't that different from her mother." He wasn't sure what to think about that. But felt a bit flattered. "So what now? Wait here for them?"
"Something like that, yeah. We've got to wait here. We don't know much, kid. Just gotta sit it out." The smoker stubbed out his cigarette on the floor.

"Not a minute longer," Bill said sternly. She had to get moving so that her body could no longer resist the blood. Stimulating blood circulation can ensure that the blood cells are distributed and can be better absorbed. She had to get moving so that her body could no longer resist the blood. Stimulating blood circulation can ensure that the blood cells are distributed and can be better absorbed. Unfortunately, Ian was right about that. Bill only had to blink twice before several of his employees followed his daughter and Ian outside. Jade kept a clear distance. Fortunately, Ian stayed close. She had a strange feeling about the whole situation. She wanted to take the chance to run away. She and Ian could make it. But something inside her told her to stay with her father. Instinct perhaps? Daughterly instinct. With Bill she was safe, wasn't she? He'd gone soft on her since he figured out she was sick. She wasn't sure what to do. "What are you thinking about?" Ian took a step closer to stand beside her. "Running or staying."
"You can't run on your own sadly." Jade shook her head. Bill's men would go after her, catch her, and drag her back within ten minutes. "You'll need someone to go with you," Ian added. Jade sighed and looked at him. "Dad's going to shoot you." She mumbled. Glancing over his shoulder, Ian looked at Bill's men behind them. "Most likely yes."
"I'll figure something out. He's grown softer on me." Jade reminded him. She had been stalling for a while now. Bill became more frustrated every day. There was a slim chance that they would get out of this together. If Jade were to escape, Ian would get a bullet in the head after having three in his legs. If Ian tried to escape, Bill would send his men after him. It seemed hopeless. What were they supposed to do? Did they have to wait here any longer? Want to buy even more time?

Ian turned to go back inside. "Where are you going?" He walked back to the back door with his hands in his pockets. Bill's helpers looked straight at him as he walked past them. "Ian?"
"I'm cold, I'm just going to go inside. I'll see you soon, okay? And uh, you're not alone." Jade nodded her head gently. She tried to ignore the others standing nearby. "Okay." A bad feeling lingered in the back of her mind. She turned back to look away from the house. She stared into the distance, trying to calm her thoughts a bit. She was so wrapped up in her own head that it took her a moment to realize that someone was hiding. A friendly face. Was that really him? Could that be? No... could it? Jade stepped forward - trying her best to not be suspicious - to get a better look at the person hiding. It was really him. He waved awkwardly at her. "You're not alone," Jade whispered and repeated Ian's words from before.

"Boss, there's someone here for you." Bill was annoyed and rolled his eyes. "If that's one of your rookies again that wants to ask me if he's doing an okay job, get him out." Bill waved his hand around and got back to the files that were on the kitchen table in front of him. He briefly looked over his shoulder at Jade. Ian had gone upstairs only a few minutes before. He tried his best to ignore the footsteps moving through his house. His boys were never this loud. Maybe it was a lot to take in at the moment. A lot of sounds at once. Bill had been bothered by that before when the triplets first started running around. Someone cleared their throat but Billdidn't respond. Then a second and a third time. "What is it!?" Bill snapped his head up but immediately relaxed again. "What are you doing here?" He questioned. Louis – who stood in front of him – looked a bit sheepish. "I need to speak with you."
"To distract me?" Bill snapped as if Louis wasn't his best friend. Louis wasn't too impressed by his response. He had been through worse. Especially with his best friend. Worse things had been said throughout the years. "To talk." Bill raised his eyebrows. "Last time I wanted to talk you kept calling me a psycho." His voice was so calm, that other people would have found it frustrating. With the tension in the background. "And you are." Louis said, "You're still my friend."
"Are we?" Bill spat back at him in such a calm voice. Louis glances at the other men standing with Bill. He didn't like this. He wanted to speak with Billalone. "If you want my daughter-"
"Can we speak in private?" Bill hesitated. He eyed his friend up and down and followed him into the hallway from which he just came. Alone. "Jade –" Louis held up his hand to shut him up. "I'm not here for her." Bill scanned his best friend's face for anything suspicious. "I have some information for you," Louis added.