•Chapter 12• In plain sight

It was dark, cold, and dirty. Wooden planks barricaded the windows. It was abandoned. Nothing too noticeable. "Okay, I changed my mind. Can we go back to the motel now?" Louis asks. Jade catches up with him. Casper leaned onto her shoulders. His knees were shaky. He struggled to hold his head up and listen. "Like I said, did you want to live with a nice family a couple of blocks away? So they can overhear our plans to get a corpse back? Maybe they will join us on our trip." She tells him. Louis rolls his eyes at her. "I'm not going to prison." Jade points out to him. "You know, you're getting more annoying by the day. When did you become such a smartass?" Louis complained. Casper rolled his eyes. "You two are like my parents." He tells them. 
Louis looked at the boy. He took his arm off Jade's shoulder. "Come with me," he said sternly. Jade quickened her pace and headed for the door. With a paper clip in her pocket, she fiddled with the door lock. This turned out not to be necessary. The door was just open. Louis tried to stop her, but Jade stepped inside. Without even considering anything else for a second. "Hey!" Louis yelled. The two men rushed in after her. Louis grabbed her by her arms tightly. Cas got in front of her, pulling his weapon. "We don't know if there's anyone in here." Louis reminds her. Jade rolls her eyes and takes a step forward. Louis pulled her back.
"You're not going anywhere." He tells her. He too drew his weapon and stepped out in front of her. "There's no one here." She replies. "Yeah, well I'm not taking any chances." 

Casper was the first one to step further into the house. He couldn't hear anyone. Louis stopped him. "You can barely stay on your feet. You stay here." He ordered. The boy knew that if he argued with him, he wouldn't win. Besides, Jade would probably sneak away while they argued. He turned to the girl who wrapped an arm around his waist. As her uncle walked off, she squeezed her eyes shut tightly for a brief second before opening them again. Cas turned his head to look at her. "Are you okay?" he asks her. She nodded.
"Yeah, eyelash in my eye." She answered awkwardly. They waited for a few minutes. Louis returned without any wounds or signs of blood anywhere. "Told you." She said. She pulled Casper along with her down the hallway. They passed a doorway, but it was just a gap. The door had been stolen. It revealed the living room. But she pulled the boy up the stairs. "We need to find you a bed." She tells him. "Whatever you say, doc." He replied with a kind chuckle.
Jade briefly glanced over her shoulder. Her uncle disappeared into the living room by himself. She shook his head and turned back to Casper. She dragged him further up the stairs and up the stairs and into the hallway. The floorboards creaked as they stepped on them.
Jade pushed open one of the doors that was on her right. "Lie over there." She ordered. Casper hopped over to the bed standing by the nearest wall. Jade turned to check the other doors. When she was about to enter one of the rooms, she took a step forward, and the board underneath her feet broke. "What was that?" Casper called out to her. His head popped out from the doorway of the other room. Jade groaned as she pulled herself up. A small trail of blood appeared, trailing down her leg, and staining her pants. "I'm fine." She replied. She brushed herself off and went into the room. It was a small, but dirty bathroom. Mold was staining between the tiles. She walked over to the little sink and turned on the water. Sadly, nothing came out. 

"We need to run some errands. There's no water here." She called out. No responses came. She ignored it and walked over to the shower. She pushed aside the curtain. Only more mold appeared. She heard the door across from the bathroom creak open slightly. She spun around. The door was indeed open. But there was no one inside. She narrowed her eyes and approached the door. "Jade," Cas called out to her. He stopped her before she could open the door. She sighed and turned to him. "Coming." She answered. 

Meanwhile, two cars pulled up near the Salvini house. Megan got out first. She hopped out of her car and unnoticeably made her way over to the front door. She checked again to see if there was anyone on the streets. No one was here. It was almost a ghost town. Everyone had left for school or work. No one was taking their dog out for a walk. Then again, why would they? Near that house? A murderous family lived there. Bill Salvini lived there. The triplets, one by one, got out of their cars and sneaked behind the house. Somewhere no one could see them.
That's when Liz entered the picture. She crossed the house, with her hands in her pockets, and looked down at the ground. Now that Megan was out of sight of the neighbors across the street, she sneaked inside the Salvini house. Quickly making her way over to the back door, she unlocked the door. The triplets were already climbing over the fence.
Liz joined them soon after that. "I didn't think I would ever be inside this house again," Jerry said. His brother shrugged beside him. "Yeah, they would've killed you sooner or later." He chuckled. Everyone glared at the boy. His hands rose up in defense. "What? If you had to pick one of us, he would be the first to die." Jack replies. Jayden rose his hand as well to slap the back of the boy's head. "Ow!" He complained and rubbed the back of his head. Both girls shook their heads in disappointment. "So, what do we do now?" Jayden asks.
"You boys need a shower." Megan chuckled. "And a haircut," Liz added. Jerry glanced down at his girlfriend. "What, you don't like it?" He said jokingly and nudged her shoulder. She shook her, her hand going into his hair. "You first." She tells him. "She's not getting near my hair," Jayden said. He shot a quick glance at Liz. "No offense." He said. "Don't worry. My aunt taught me. I've been cutting my family's hair for years." She admitted. Jack and Jayden shot a glance at one another. 

His brother shrugged. "Hey, she says so. Elizabeth Martin doesn't seem like a lair to me." Jack said and pointed his finger at the girl. "Liz." She corrected him, carefully. "Bless you," Jack replied. Liz looked up at Jerry with a confused look in her eyes. Megan gently patted her shoulder. "Welcome to the family." She said. Jerry looked at her. "Well, she technically was already in the family." He chuckled. "You just never told us." Jayden cut in.
"Yeah, what was the point in that?" Jack said. "Okay, let's clean ourselves, shall we?" Jerry suggested. They kept arguing as they went upstairs to take a shower. The two girls just kept shaking their heads in disappointment. But they weren't alone.
Someone has spotted them. All of them. Going into that house. "911, what's your emergency?" A female voice sounded. "Yeah, I would like to report a break-in." The person replied to the call.