•Chapter 4• The Outsider

"And what of the other girl? Their sister? Can't we talk with her? Maybe she can give us some more information." Hayden questioned. His partner sighed and sat in his chair. "She's nowhere to be found. It's as if she has disappeared into thin air or something." Lucas answered. Hayes cursed under his breath. "Even if we did find her, do you believe she would sell out her brothers?" Lucas added. Hayden furrowed his eyebrows. "Didn't she turn them in?" He questions. "That was never confirmed, but we are suspecting that yeah." He said. Lucas looked down at the papers on his desk. "We barely have any records of her. She's in the system, sure, but other than that, there is nothing." He spoke up, "She's never been arrested. She had never been in the hospital except when she was born. Attending school without problems. She appears to me like the good kid." He said, "And no one has seen her for the past months?" He added. Hayden shook his head. "She's off the radar. I've already sent out multiple teams to search for her. But it is as if she wiped herself out of existence." He answered. "To do that she must've had some help." His colleague replied. Lucas nodded slowly as he leaned back in his chair. He placed the palm of his hand on his cheek. The little hairs on his face gently tickled the inside of his hand. "The question is, from who?" He started. "There have been some suspicions that the Salvini family has had some encounters with the Underworld or mafia. Bad people. If those rumors are true then we might have a much bigger problem than we first expected." Hayden explained. 

"Where have you been?" The slightly grey-haired man spoke up. He watched as Jade, Ian, and the driver stepped out of the car parked in front of the large hotel. Jade approached her 'uncle' but she certainly didn't look like she wanted to talk to him. "I'm talking to you," Louis tells her.  "Oh, please, I'm not in the mood for this," Jade replied in an annoyed tone as she rolled her eyes when she walked past him. The driver shrugged and walked after Jade, staying close to her. Louis looked at Ian who was also not looking too happy. The two men rushed after the strawberry-blonde teenager as she made her way through the lobby. Jade looked at the man next to her and gave him a sweet smile. "You went back to the house, didn't you?" Louis asked her. Ignoring her bundle, she placed her hand on the other man's shoulder. "Did you deliver the message yet?" She questioned. Cas, short for Casper, shook his head. "I did. Safe and sound on the desk." He assured her. "And no one saw you?" She asked. He shook his head. She wrapped her arms around his shoulders and gave him a tight squeeze. "I'm so glad you're here." She tells him. "Glad to be here, ma'am," Cas replied. "Jade." She corrected him. She didn't mind if he called her ma'am, but he was her friend.  Cas is a very handsome young man and just a couple of years older than her. He also isn't that much taller than Jade. Something that would stand out to anyone, was his bright green eyes. They are enchanting. His olive skin was beautiful and smooth. He was the kind of guy to make you go wow when he walked by. "Jade!" Louis called out to her again. Jade rolled her eyes and graned while making her way towards the elevator. The men and women that stood by the counters in the lobby all turned away as the four passed them. Everyone had heard the gunshots from the night before. An elevator was already waiting for them, with two other pack members standing there patiently. As they stepped inside, Louis gripped Jade's shoulder, pushing aside Casper, and giving her a severe glare. "The house is under investigation." He reminds her. "It's my house." Jade snapped back. "If they saw you, and followed you-" Louis started in a warning tone. "Then we're all toast. I get it." Jade said as she wiggled her arm out of his grip. She turned to the opening of the elevator, with a kind smile on her lips, and waved goodbye to the staff who was watching them closely. The doors shut soon after. "Stop being so tense, old man." She tells him. 

After about a minute the doors of the elevator slowly parted again. The two members from before, who still hadn't spoken a word, stepped out. They looked in all directions before giving the signal that it was safe for the others to come out as well. Their hotel room was almost as big as a penthouse. There was a large couch standing in front of a fireplace with two separate chairs standing on either side of the couch. A television was hanging above the fireplace. When they entered, three grown men were yelling at the Tv because of some drama series they have been watching for weeks. Jade laughed when Cas almost immediately ran towards the couch and joined them. She approached two men standing by the large window and started chatting with them. "For your information, I told her not to go," Ian assured Louis walking next to him. "Well, you didn't do a very good job at keeping her away." Louis snapped. He walked up to Jade. She looked up at him. "Did anyone see you?" He repeated. Jade rolled her eyes once again. She tried to walk away from her uncle when he pulled her back. He had a stern look in his eyes. "Oh my god, yes. Why do you care so much?" She complained. Louis looked up at Ian who was shaking his head. "You didn't tell her?" He asked. Ian looked down at his feet for a brief second before looking up again. "Tell me what?" Jade questioned.

"What are you reading this time?" Donna questioned as she sat next to the boy. Jerry briefly looked up from his book. "Same as last time." He answered. Donna looked up and glanced around the room. A few fellow inmates were pushing each other around and calling each other names. Meanwhile, Jerry was sitting peacefully by himself, reading his book and minding his own business. "I see you're still not minding your fellow inmates." She observed. Jerry flipped another page of his book. "Still don't feel like it." He answered. Donna glared at him, almost like a disappointed mother, but it didn't affect Jerry. His eyes stayed on the writing. "Jerry," Donna started again. The youngest triplet shut his book, keeping his finger between the pages when he turned to her. "Why are you here?" He asked her in a harsh tone. She let out a sigh. Jerry wasn't as harsh as his brothers though he looked like them. Although, spending months in a cold place like this, obviously made him a lot meaner and short-tempered. Which reminded Donna a lot of his two brothers. "Are you going to ask me why I did it? Megan? What my brothers and I did or did not do? More questions about my father or my sister?" He snapped at her. Donna raised her hand slightly. "Calm down," She said to him. "I'm not telling you anything," Jerry tells her as he did so many times before. "I wanted to check up on you as I do with your brothers as well." She answered. "And?" Jerry asked. Donna rubbed her eye gently with her finger and sighed again. "You three are exhausting." She admitted. "What?" Jerry asked in a stern tone. He felt like there was another reason for her visiting. And he was right. Donna gave a slight nod at someone behind Jerry. "You're right, Jerry," She said. He soon felt his hands getting cuffed behind his back. "Hey!" He complained. "We need to speak with you privately," Donna tells him. She rose from his seat and made her way out of the room with Jerry following close behind. "So you're just taking me?" Jerry asked her. "None of you trust me. None of you cooperate. You three might be the most difficult clients I've ever had to work with." She informs him. Donna stood still by the door and Jerry was pushed towards her. "We have a lawyer. We only trust her." Jerry reminds the woman as he got pushed past her by the man behind him. Donna glared at the boy. "Oh, so I have noticed." She said.