•Chapter 31• Calling Threats

"It's only us," Andrew called out to them. They entered the factory together Casper and Andrew both tried to hold onto her tightly. Jade gently pushed them away, not wanting to appear weak or pathetic. Her brothers lifted their heads. They quickly rushed over to her. Her brothers kept rambling on with their questions and worries. Jade forced a smile and tried to shrug it off as if nothing had happened. But she couldn't hold this from them. "Guys, take it easy with her," Casper tells the triplets. "She can't get too overwhelmed or excited or anything like that," Andrew added. The three boys looked down at her. "What's he talking about?" Jayden asks. Jade looks at him with glassy eyes. Jerry, who stood beside her, grasped her waist tightly. "I, uh... I have it. What Dad has? I have it." She tells them. Silence washed over the room. Even Liz and Megan, who were standing a few feet away, overheard her and just didn't know what to say. Everyone knew what happened to her mother. Jade briefly made eye contact with Megan. She still wasn't going to focus on getting better. Right now what mattered were her brothers and getting rid of their father. "But you -" Jack started. "You did. I didn't. We assumed. It's okay, this is not a priority right now." She says. "You're going to die, and have the nerve to say it's not a priority?" Jerry asks her. His sister gives him a stern glare. "It's not." She says.

Casper took a slight step forward. "Yeah, I wouldn't argue with her. She's not changing her mind. I've already tried that." He tells the brothers. They just kept looking at their sister in shock. "I could talk to you guys for hours about how messed up this all is, but we all know it's gonna be a waste of time. We need to do something about you and about Dad. We've already lost way too much time with this whole moving situation and me being in the hospital. We simply don't have time for this right now." She explains calmly. Louis steps in making Jade's eyes light up slightly. "Hi," She says quietly. He smiles and pulls the girl in for a hug. While he held her, he glanced at Casper. "So, you told her about Bill?" He asks. Casper's eyes widened and he shakes his head silently. Jade glances up at her uncle. "Told me what about Dad?" She questions. Louis sighed. "Your dad shot at us when we tried to leave. He almost shot Cas in the head. He's losing his mind." Louis tells her. Jade could feel her heart thumping loudly in her chest. She looks over her shoulder at Casper. He was scratching the back of his neck. "You were shot?" She asks. She could slowly feel her breathing becoming heavier again.

Casper notices and shakes his head. He takes her hands in his. "No, no, almost. He didn't hit me. Don't worry about it." He assures her, "No need to worry." He adds. She nodded and focused on her breathing. She tried to contain her emotions. Andrew stepped in and placed his arm hand on her shoulder. He looks at the triplets. "You guys have somewhere she can sit or lay down?" He asks. "Uh, yeah," Jayden says. Andrew and Jade followed her brother through the factory. Jade had never seen him this worried before. Even pointing a gun at his head didn't freak him out as much as this. He glances at Andrew when Jade sat down on some old pillows that were spread out on the floor. "Would you mind giving me a moment with her?" Jayden asks. Andrew nodded and left. Jayden crouched in front of his sister. "Megan's the cure." He started. "I'm not gonna ask her that now, Jayden." Jade was quick to respond. He let out a sigh. "I thought you might say that." He says. Jade fiddles with her fingers. She didn't know how to sit or what to do really. She mostly avoided looking at him. She knew it was hard for him. He couldn't lose another person to this. Even if Bill didn't actually die, he had lost him once. "I'm just worried about you. I don't want you to end up like mom." He tells her. She makes direct eye contact with him. "I know. But I don't want to end up like Dad. Using other people." She responds. He wasn't going to argue with her. He nodded and sat next to her on the pillows. "You won't be like him." He tells her. She gives him a little smile and rests her head on his shoulder. 

"We're gonna get rid of him." He said. "That's the problem. I don't know how. And I'm not sure if he'll stay down, you know." She admitted. Jayden nodded understandingly. They just sat in silence like that for a few minutes. The group was slowly starting to get back to what they were doing before Jade dropped her bomb. Not that it wasn't important or didn't have any impact. But they made a silent agreement to keep going instead of having another useless, overly dramatic conversation. Jade smiles a little when she saw Casper blend in with the others. For the time she knew him, she always wondered what would've happened if he ever got together with her family and friends. She was scared he would stick out or something. But he, Jerry, and Andrew just stood there talking to one another calmly. Suddenly, her phone starts ringing. Jayden looks down at her when she reaches into her pocket to grab her phone. "It's Dad." She frowned. Jayden also furrowed his eyebrows together. He whistled, but not too loud, at his brothers. They both look up at him. They start to walk over to them when Jade answers the phone. "Dad?" She started.

"If you don't back out of this, you'll regret it, Little one." Bill's voice sounded harsh on the other side of the line. It was almost as if he was out of breath. Maybe he was hyperventilating? Panicking? Jade worriedly starts to look around, knowing very well he wasn't in here with them. Yet, he sounded so close. And he knew she wanted to get him out of the way. How would he know that if he wasn't there? Maybe he tapped her phone? "Where are you?" She asks. "I'm right where your uncle left me," Bill replies coldly. "Dad, I am not backing out of this. I'm not going to let this slide while my brothers serve your time." She says. "I send you home to be safe. I told you to not get involved in this. You are not a part of this." He tells her. "I'm not letting you hurt more people. Especially if you have no reason to do so." She said calmly. "I will. And I do. Starting with Greenwood. If he wasn't there, none of this would've happened." He announced. "What? That you killed Mom?" Jade blurted out. No response on the other side of the line. She looks up at her brothers and shrugs. "I tried to warn you." Bill suddenly spoke up again, "After Greenwood, you're up, Little one." He added. He didn't sound like himself. His tone was different. And he wouldn't hurt Jade. "You're not gonna hurt me. Your threats don't work on me, Dad." Jade tells him. She was still very calm. At least she tried to be. Her brothers could clearly hear the little heartbreak she was trying to deal with right now. "We'll see about that when I slice open your brothers. That's what you wanted, right? You will no longer stand in their shadows, sweetie. No. You will stand in a pool of their blood. Let's see if that'll get you to listen to me." He says. 

Jade just looks at her brothers. "You won't hurt them either." She points out. "Won't I? Killed your Mama right?" He says. She could feel her heart sink. "Shut up." She orders. "Why don't you think about why I send your brothers out on that little quest, instead of my men? Maybe then you will understand." Bill says. He sounded like a psychopath. "You're insane," Jade tells him. With that, Bill hung up the phone. Jade looks up at her brothers in shock. "Where's Greenwood?" She asks them.