•Chapter 5• Empty

He shut the door behind him silently and leaned against the wooden material. He pulled the hood off his head before running his hand through his messy hair. He set his bag down on the floor as he walked up to his desk. Instead of sitting, he turned the other way and plopped down on his bed. He buried his face into the pillow, wanting to disappear. It was silent. He could almost hear his own heartbeat. All he wanted was to drift off into a peaceful sleep and wake up many months later. A few minutes passed by gentle knock sounded on the door. "Dude, are you okay?" His brother asked behind the door. Andrew didn't feel like answering. The sound of his brother's voice only irritated him. Even if he was trying to be nice. Which was a new thing. But since the whole Salvini incident happened, Henry tried to be nice to his brother. He knocked again. "Andrew? Are you even in there?" He questioned. No sound came from the boys lips.His brother let out a sigh.  Andrew turned his head slightly to face the door while still resting his head on his pillow. He wanted to pull his covers over his face and disappear. "You can't stay in your room every time you come home." Henry spoke up. Andrew listened to his brother's words. "I know you said you didn't want to talk about it." Henry started, "But what happened with Jade..." He said. Andrew could already feel the tears burning behind his eyes at the mention of her name. "She left. Or disappeared. Whatever it was you're blaming yourself even if it's not your fault." Henry continued. The tears slowly started to pour down his eyes. He bit down on his lip, not trying to make a sound. He didn't want his brother to know he was crying. He didn't want anyone to know. "This isn't normal. You're shutting everyone out. I can't remember the last time you spoke to mom or dad or me." Henry pointed out. On the other side of the door, he pressed his hand on the wooden material and let out another sigh. "Can I please come inside? Then we can talk." He added.  Andrew turned around and grabbed the sheets of his bed. "Just leave me alone." He called out to his brother before he pulled the covers over his head.

Jade crossed her arms over her chest as she looked down at the photos. "One of our guys found out about it when he passed by the other day. Appearantly the body has been gone for days." Louis informs her. Jade grabbed one of the photos and held it up in front of her eyes. The earth had been shoveled open. The casket was gone. A dark, empty hole was all that was left. No corpse. Nothing but dirt. "Someone took him." Louis added. "Any suspects?" She questioned. He shook his head and scratched the back of his neck as he looked at the pictures as well. Ian who stood near the table as well leaned over to catch a glimpse too. "Definitely someone who is not on our side." Louis answered. "I thought that was pretty clear." Jade said as she put down the photo. "Citizens?" Ian suggested. Jade shook her head as she bit down on the nail of her thumb. "Those who are brave enough to even come near wouldn't dare to pick up the shovel and start digging. They're scared he might crawl out. Kill their families while they sleep." Jade replies. "He's not Micheal Myers." Louis replied. "Maybe he actually crawled out himself." Ian suggested. The older man turned to him. "He also isn't a zombie." Louis spoke. "Are yous sure? He has kind of risen from the dead before." Ian mumbled. "He's not a zombie." Louis snapped at him. He then turned to Jade. He looked her straight in the eyes. "Please, tell me, that you have nothing to do with this. And that no one saw you. Please, Jade. This serious." He said. Jade shook her head. "No one saw me. And I have nothing to do with this." She repeated. Louis let out a slight sigh of relief. He turned to Casper who stood by the door. "Could you-" He started. Casper nodded and rushed away before he could finish his sentence. "On it!" He called behind him. Jade looked at her uncle. "Whoever took it is a sick bastard." She said. "Yeah, or something worse." Louis sighed. "Maybe some doctor wanted to use his body and blood for some tests?" Ian suggested. Louis looked up at him. "They wouldn't dig him up for that." He said. "Well they wouldn't hang his head above the fireplace like some animal, right?" Ian replied. "Does it matter? Normal people don't dig up bodies." Jade argued.

Jerry was lead into a room with a table inside. On one end of the table, sat Donna, who had passed him moments before. On the other end were two boys were sitting with an empty chair next to them. The two boys glanced up at the sound and Jerry saw some very familiar faces. "Jerry." Jayden said quietly. Jack almost jumped up from his chair but was held back by the handcuffs that held him cuffed to the chair. Jerry was pushed into the seat next to his brothers and looked at them in shock. "Are you okay?" Jayden asked his youngest brother. Jerry nodded and looked at Donna. "Why are we here? I thought we weren't allowed to see each other. Ever." He reminds her. Jack gently nudged his brother's shoulder with his own. "Dude, don't remind her!" He whisper yelled at him. Both Jerry and Jayden rolled their eyes at their brother's comment. "I would slap you in the back of your head if my hands weren't cuffed to the stupid chair." Jayden gritted between his teeth. "We brought you boys here because we need to speak with you. The three of you." Donna answered, gaining the triplet's attention. "We already had this conversation." Jayden said, "I'm not telling you anything because we didn't do anything." He added. "You tried to kill an innocent girl." Donna tells them. "No, we didn't." The triplets said in sync. "Why are we here?" Jerry repeated his questioned. Neither one of the boys were willing to have the same conversation they have been having with her for months now. Donna sighed and opened one of her files in front of her. "I wanted to talk about your father." She started. "Hes dead." Jack snapped at her. "We're very aware." Donna replied quickly. "Then why are we here? Did he crawl out of his casket?" Jack asked him jokingly.  "That is what we suspect." Donna answered. The triplets were silent for a few seconds. "what do you mean?" Jayden asked. "When we got to his grave it was dug open and the coffin wasnt there." Donna answered. The three boys looked at each other in shock. "In case you were wondering, I didn't dig him up. I was kinda being locked up in this shithole with my brothers." Jack said when he turned back to Donna. Jayden looked at Jerry. "I so wanna slap him right now." He said. Jerry turned to Donna as well. "He's gone?" He questioned. "Yes, so, I wanted to talk to you about your sister." She said. "Jade?" "She has disappeared off our radar. But we do know that's she's still out there." Donna informs the boys. "She didn't do this." Jack assured the woman. "How can you be sure? You were here, right?" Donna said with a smirk. The three boys exchanged another look. Bill Salvini's grave had been emptied. His body was snatched away. Who would do something like that?