•Chapter 73• I Don't Feel Good

Louis walked up to Leah standing in the doorway whilst she was waiting for them to leave. Liz and Andrew needed to go back before someone started wondering where they were. Leah was holding herself. Her arms wrapped tightly around herself in a comforting way. "Are you sure this was a good idea?" Leah questioned as she looked up at him. Louis tilted his head slightly. "Were they bothering you?" She shook her head. "No, of course not. I just don't want the boys to feel lonely or left behind or anything like that. I mean that's the last thing they need right now."
"You want to keep them here and deal with their parents too?" Louis tried to joke about it. Leah kept her eyes glued on the kids. She was thinking about her own kids and her family. She missed them. "They needed this. They had some contact with their friends. That's all I wanted for them. Got some entertainment out of it if you ask me." He chuckled. Leah followed his gaze toward Jerry standing with Liz and holding onto her hand tightly whilst his brothers were ambushing them with questions and comments. Louis turned back to her. "You'll be okay with them here, right?"
"Yeah, I think so." Leah hummed, " You are coming back, right? Soon." Leah wasn't sure what to do with the boys at this point. They were starting to become more grumpy toward one another and making comments constantly. Megan tried her best to mediate but she was tired and sometimes not in the mood to deal with their brotherly assaults toward each other. "As soon as I know the Little One is safe with Andrew, I need to get some business done. After that, we might be able to move to a new location. Somewhere more secure. Then you can go back to your husband." The word 'husband' came out bitter causing Leah to glare at the man standing beside her. "You don't have to say it like that. I miss him a lot." She spat back at him. "Say it like what? What did I do?" Louis asked, clueless to his tone a few moments before. "Talk about him like that. You're saying it like it's something dirty." He looked at her with a sweet, sheepish smile. "Can't help it. I'm sorry."

"I am kind of traumatized. Who is going to pay for my therapy? It won't be you." Jack pointed his finger at his brother almost angrily. Jerry rolled his eyes and let out an annoyed groan. "For the last time, we didn't do anything." He said. Jayden narrowed his eyes at the youngest triplet and pointed a finger at him as well. "Sure you'd say that. I do not believe you. We could hear shit through the door you know." Dramatic as always. Nothing new about that. "First of all, that's scary as shit. You were listening in on us? Actually, listening? Fucking shithead." Jerry lifts his arm to rest it on Liz's shoulder while still holding her hand. "Besides, there wasn't much to be heard." He added. Liz shook her head ever so slightly. "There really wasn't."
"Oi!" Jerry chuckled and looked down at her, "You wanna play that game, huh?" He teased. "See that. Right there. That's not helping you here, my dude." Jayden pointed out to his brother. Meanwhile, Jack was laughing beside them. "Did she just expose you? Savage, man." Jayden nodded his head in agreement with a pleased grin on his face. "I am starting to like her more and more every day, you know that?" He grinned at Liz and took a step closer. Jerry glared at his brother. "Yeah, a little too much to my liking. Do you mind?" He motioned his hand for Jayden to take a step back to keep an obvious distance between him and his girlfriend to make her – and himself – a bit more comfortable in this very uncomfortable situation. Jayden could only smirk at his brother's response. "Territorial are we?" He wiggled his eyebrows to take it a bit further. As soon as those words settled down in his mind, Jack started to pull disgusted faces. "Ew! Did you take a piss on or around her or something?"
"What the fuck?! No!" Jerry was very quick to respond. Liz wanted to sink into the ground and never return. What were they on about? "Hey, he mentioned the territorial shit! It made me think of dogs! Can you blame me?" Jerry looked straight at his brother. "Am I a dog?"
"I mean-" Liz started out and scratched her temple gently with her free hand. It was meant to be a joke. Sarcasm. Jerry shut his eyes and sighed before he looked at her. "Baby, you're not helping."