•Chapter 50• Trouble

"Oh, shit," Ian mutters. Louis furrows his eyebrows together giving him a 'what?' look. Ian pointed at something behind the older man. "Heads up." He mumbled a reply. Louis turned around and let out a sigh as he put his hands into the pockets of his jacket. "Detective." He spoke up. Lucas Brown, all by himself, walked up to the two men. "I wanted to ask you a few questions." He said. "Where's your boyfriend? Aren't you and Detective Smith a package deal?" Louis and Ian both chuckled at him. But Lucas did not appear to be in a very good mood. Again. "What do you want to ask me? I've got to get to my Little One," Louis informs him. "Miss Salvini." Lucas pointed out. Louis nodded in response. "That's actually what I've been wanting to speak to you about. We have lost track of her and we're worried about her." Lucas tried to ask with the sweetest and most caring tone he had. "Since when do you care for her, because last time I checked, you haven't exactly been very worried about her wellbeing," Louis said to him. "We'd just like to ask you and Miss Salvini a few more questions about her brothers and where you were the day they disappeared," Lucas replied calmly. "How did you even know where to look for me? I thought stalking wasn't a part of your policy." The older man was right about that. Lucas had to bite his cheek to make sure he didn't freak again. "We just want to ask you a few things, that's all. Unless you're, of course, not willing to cooperate. Then I might have to arrest you."

His threats wouldn't get him very far even if he might suspect it would have. Louis crossed his arms over his chest and glared at him. "And who is we?" He questioned as he glanced behind the man. "My partner is waiting at the station." Louis rolled his eyes and opened the door of his car as Ian did the same on the other side. "Questions, questions, how about you get off your asses and find my boys for me?" Lucas furrowed his eyebrows together in confusion. "Your boys, sir?" He questioned. "Everybody seems to forget that when Bill died, all the custody rights passed on to me. And I'm worried about them. Isn't it your job to find them and bring them back safely?" He said. Lucas let out a low chuckle. "Oh, right, about that..." He smirked a little as he took a step closer to the older man. "You don't have custody over those children." Louis glanced over his shoulder at Ian who shrugged his shoulders. "Bill's alive." Lucas reminds him. "No, he is not." Louis snapped at him. Another chuckle left the detective's lips. "I saw him with my own eyes." His words almost made him sound like a genius. He felt like one too. As if he had unraveled a hundred-year-old mystery, too hard to crack for anyone. Louis kept his eyes locked with the detective. "Salvini is dead, Mister Brown. I thought we'd been over this. Now, if you'd excuse me -" He got into the car with Ian but Lucas didn't move away. Before Louis could shut the door, the detective stopped him. "You shouldn't lie to a detective." He threatens. Louis moved his hand away and slammed the door shut before driving off. Ian looked at him. "Are we in trouble?" He asks. "I think so." Louis let out a groan as he pushed in the gas.

Lucas smiled slightly to himself, feeling a certain pride. He walked over to his own vehicle and got inside. He decided to follow Louis and Ian, wherever they would be headed, maybe even to Bill himself. "I'll get you. I will get all of you." He mutters to himself while the grip on the steering wheel tightens.

Bill paced back and forth in the room. "What's taking her so long?" He gritted between his teeth. His attention briefly turned to Selena sitting silently on the couch. She was staring into oblivion. Her thoughts were probably running all over the place, worried about her child, and all of their lives. Bill crouched down to meet her eye level. "Is she ungrateful, like you, Lena? Is that why she's making me wait? I'm giving her an opportunity to be with her parents when you all die, I would consider that a very generous gesture." He said. Eric glared at the man. He waited for his glare to be so deadly that it would actually kill him. Sadly, nothing happened. "She'll be here." Selene squeaked out, her voice barely audible. Bill smiled at her and grabbed her jaw very gently. "That's a good girl." He cooed at her. "Take your hand off my wife," Eric said to him sternly. For some reason, Selena was back in a somewhat hypnotic state, just like she was when she first came back from the cabin in which Bill trapped her. "I'm talking to the lady." Selena kept perfectly still in her seat. Bill stepped away and turned to the window once again. "Where is she?" He gritted again, sounding more angry this time.

Meanwhile, Megan protested against the triplets, all three of them, as they tried to keep her from walking out of their new safe house. "She's in danger!" Jerry held out his hands to stop her from moving. "And you will be too. You need to stay." He tells her sternly. "I need to be with my mother." Jack reached out to her. She wanted to sink into him, Jack would understand, right? He would let her go out to be with her family. "It's what Bill wants you to do." Jack mutters, "You'll get hurt." Megan steps closer to him. "But I want to be with them, Jack. Please. We can help them." She was not sure if she was trying to convince him or herself. Jack shakes his head slightly. "I don't want you to go. For your safety." Megan let out a sigh and looked at him before turning to Jayden. "Please." He could feel his heart chattering by looking into her eyes. He wanted to give in to her so badly but when he looked at his brothers he was sure he was making the right choice by keeping her here. "You came to us because you feel safe. We want to keep you safe. Please, Meg, stay here with us. You can take a shower or a bath to calm your mind." He suggested. Jack raised his hand. "I can join you." He suggested. Megan rolled her eyes and walked away. "You're not funny," She snapped at him. "Meg, I'm sorry. I am!" Jack calls after her worriedly.

Behind Casper, Jade snuggles into the covers which smelled like him and vanilla and made her smile in her sleep. He sat at the edge of the bed with his laptop in his lap. As he quietly hummed to himself, the bright screen started hurting his eyes, as he searched through his files. Medical files. Every time she shifts in her sleep, he would tear his attention away from his screen and place his hand on her feet or leg. He shushed her quietly and she didn't wake up. He hummed a quiet song for them both. "Bloodtype... bloodtype..." He whispers to himself. Behind him, Jade whined very quietly as she hugged the sheets around her body. "I can get tested." He whispers. For a brief second, he was completely focused on the screen instead of Jade. She woke up and crawled up behind him with her eyes still shut tightly. She draped her arms over his shoulders from behind and snuggled into him. "What are you doing?" She mumbles against him. "I'm just doing some research, boss." He answered. He glanced over his shoulder to look at her. "I want to test my blood." Jade opens her eyes. "What?" She was shocked. "I want to help you. You won't ask Megan, I get that, and I won't force you to do so. If I get back positive, I want to make you better." He tells her. Her heart melted a little. "I can't ask you to do that." She says. "You're not asking. I want to make you better, boss. If I can, please, allow me to do so."

Jade couldn't say no to that. He was so determined to help her. "You could get killed, Cas. We might take too much. I have no idea what it takes to cure me. If it takes bonemarrow, we could take the wrong amount and get you killed." She rambled on and on about the possibilities that could get him killed. It was almost as if she was trying to scare him away. "I want to help you." He repeated as he completely ignored her protests and warnings. "I can't convince you, can I?" She asks him. He looks at her with a warm smile. "No," He murmurs. She shifts to sit beside him. "When can you make an appointment?" She sighed, not wanting to cooperate, but Casper was headstrong, just like she was. "I can go tomorrow. It's pretty rare so they want to speed things up in case it's something life-threatening." He explains. A small smile crept on her face as she rested her head on his shoulder. "You'd really go through that for me?" She asks him. He shrugs a little as he closes his laptop. "Why wouldn't I? I told you I'd do anything." He reminds her with a sweet, caring, and soft tone in his voice. It was hard to believe he was a hitman who killed people when his bosses asked him to. "I can't lose you." He tells her. She sighs and looks up at him again. "You might get yourself killed." She mumbled again.

She couldn't quit trying to stop him from what could be a terrible fate. He grasps her hands and holds them tightly. "You're my Parker." He said quietly, "You're the boss. I can't go on without you." That warm feeling in her chest returned. Casper was unsure if it was a clever idea to say it like that, but the look in her eyes told him everything he needed to know. Bill was good for Parker, he protected her with his life, especially when she was sick. That was aside from the part where he had stolen everything and kept it for himself instead of helping the love of his life. He was weak. Jade reached out her hand to cup his cheek. Her hand felt so small, and cold, against his skin but she felt his warmth. She leaned a bit closer when her phone went off on the nightstand. She sighed and backed up to grasp it. "It's Louis." She holds the phone up to her ear. "Hey," She greeted her uncle. "Hello, Little One." Bill's raspy voice sounded through the speaker. Jade's heart rate immediately went up and her hands started to tremble and sweat. "Dad-" He chuckled into the phone. "Making yourself comfortable, Little One? Heard you were looking for me... Well, until you stopped. Don't miss your old dad that badly, do you?" He sounded almost teasing. Jade looked up at Casper. Did he speak to her father again? Did he sell her out?