•Chapter 53• Greenwood House

A small click of the front door sounded in the hallway as Jade pushed open the door. Never thought I would willingly barge into this house, she thinks to herself. Behind her, Casper linked one of his fingers with hers, causing her to jump slightly. "For security." He mumbles to her. Jade swallowed the lump in her throat, nodded at Casper, and carefully stepped into the living room. Her eyes fell on Eric first. Those broken man's eyes widened at the sight of her. She wasn't sure if he was scared or relieved to see her or maybe he was trying to tell her to leave. Get out while she still could. Selena sat next to him with a thoughtless expression on her face. They aren't tied up but still remain seated. Too weak to get up or simply too scared or both. Jade looks at them and starts to feel a tad sense of guilt. Both of them, but Eric especially, have always been horrible to her and yet she felt bad for what was probably about to happen. Megan could be robbed of her parents and her life. Death could not be the proper punishment for what happened all those years ago. Right? One thing that immediately stood out to her was that it was just Eric and Selena. Their daughter was still absent.

"Little one," It sounded disgusting, coming from him, and yet safe and familiar. Jade lifts her gaze to meet her father's. He was looking healthy, healthier than the last time she saw him, and it was sickening. "Come here." Bill insisted as he opened his arms for her. She unlocks their fingers, causing Casper to get more nervous, as Jade starts to approach her father. "Hi, Dad." Bill smiles as he wraps his arms around his daughter. She could feel him press a kiss on the top of her head. This was one of the first times he towered over her and she would be able to remember it the next day. "You look more like your mother every day." He compliments her as he brushes a few baby hairs from her forehead. That stupid boyish smile sits on his lips as he looks at her. "So, you were with him." Bill's sickening eyes briefly connected with Casper who was standing a few steps away from them. "He works for me," Jade answered making Bill laugh a little. "No, he works for me. He might've forgotten it but don't worry, I'll help remind him, Little one." His words were dripping with threat, but Jade wasn't having it. "Casper works for me. Just like everyone, whoever worked for you, works for me. You don't look at him, you don't talk to him, you don't threaten him, you don't touch him, you do not come near him." Jade ordered her father sternly.

"I was just being a little stern, sweetheart," Bill added. "I think I made myself very clear." Bill lets out a chuckle as he looks down at his daughter. "You really are my daughter." He tells her. Jade looked over her shoulder and nodded assuringly at the boy. He still seemed very nervous and even a little scared. Whilst Bill was facing the other way, she locked their fingers again behind her figure, so her father would not notice. "So, what's going on here? Is this why you want me here?" She asks as she looks at the Greenwoods sitting there looking at her. Well, Eric was looking at her. Selena was still in some sort of trance. "Little one, this is the end of my plan. The final chapter. The finishing phase." Bill starts telling her with pride. "Killing them." Jade fills in the blanks, then again, it wasn't hard to guess. Bill turns back to her, grinning from ear to ear. "You've been stretching this out a long time, huh? Waiting this long. Could've killed them hours ago." Her father steps closer to her and points his finger at her. "Yes, I could've, but I want us to do this as a family." He states, "Finally having the upper hand." He added. "An eye for an eye."

"Exactly that, Little one," Bill says. The man walked over to Selena and grabbed her jaw forcing her to look up at him. "This is all about my family. The one that they robbed from us. The both of us." Jade lets go of Casper's hand again. "That they took from us? You pretended to be sick after killing our mother. You used your children for years." Her tone was just as harsh as her words, but there was no regret attached to them. Bill's gaze darkens as he snaps his head toward his daughter. He let go of Selena's head and marched over to his daughter causing her to stumble a few steps backwards. He raised his other hand, the one she couldn't see before, to reveal a gun he had on him. He pressed the gun under her chin. "Watch your tone, little lady." He gritted between his teeth, "We're both monsters. Do I need to remind you of all the things you've done? I'm not very fond of getting called out by a hypocrite." He continued. "Boss?" Casper spoke up behind her. Jade does not break eye contact with her father as she responds to her friend. "Stand down." Bill is a sick man. Delusional. Mentally insane. She saw it now. He was so convinced of his own beliefs, blinded by his anger and rage, that he actually lost it. Pure madness.

Bill's head suddenly snapped the other way when he heard the front door click again. He lowered his gun ever so slightly and watched closely as Megan stepped into the house. "Meg!" Eric exclaimed from his seat. "Quiet!" Bill barked at him harshly, causing Selena to flinch and shut her eyes tightly. When Jade turned her head as well, her gaze didn't lock with Megan's, but with one of her brothers. "No... no..." Casper reached out to tug Jade away from her father very sneakily. Bill was too focused on Megan. "Sweetheart." He smiles at her. Megan's eyes darted between the man's face and the gun he was holding in his hands. She submissively raised her hands in the air. "Why don't you sit over there, sweetheart?" He gestured for her to sit between her parents. Jack wanted to follow her but was stopped by Bill who firmly pressed the weapon against the boy's chest. "Where are the other two, son?" Jade wants to pull her own gun, which she was hiding the the waistband at the back of her pants, and make him drop the weapon he was holding against her brother's chest. Casper grabbed her wrist and stopped her. "Don't." He whispers in her ear. She removes her hand from the weapon as Casper tugs her mother's jacket over her back again so Bill won't see it. 

Jack swallowed harshly. "Great to see you too, Dad." He tried. "Where are they, Jack?" His father pressed the weapon harder against his chest sending him a few steps back. "Listen, we came here alone. Me and Megan, alright?" Jack answers. "I thought you three were inseparable." Jack briefly looks at his sister before turning his attention back to his father. "Yeah, well things change. You have Megan." Bill narrows his eyes at his son. His foul expression turns into a pleasant smile. "And you brought her straight to me. Seems like one of my children is still useful. One of you still listens." He says. He lowered his gun, grabbed the back of Jack's neck, and pulled the boy a little closer. "My son." He tapped the boy's cheek a little harsher than Jack expected. Bill then stepped away from him and turned his attention to the Greenwoods. Jack took this opportunity to walk toward his sister. "What are you doing here?" Jade gritted between her teeth. "Megan was gonna come with or without me. Didn't have much of a choice. What are you doing here?" Jade glared at his brother. "You couldn't have kept her in the house? She questioned. "Hey, I answered your question Now you gotta answer mine."