•Chapter 19• Saving Angel

The morning was coming slowly. Sun rising from behind the houses carefully. The sky turns into the most beautiful colors. But that beauty was disturbed by the flickering lights of the police cars. The street was packed with cops, invading everyone's peaceful sleep. Not that any of the neighbors would be getting any sleep. They were probably all hunched back behind their windows, cameras at the ready, waiting for them to come out of their house. Liz was standing behind the curtain, watching closely. Meanwhile, Jayden held onto the man's collar tightly. A trail of blood trailed from his nose.
"Are you gonna talk now?" He asks the man. "Nothing to say to you, little shit." Eric cursed. Jayden raises his fist again. He hit the man as hard as he could. "Hitting him harder isn't going to make this easier," Jerry tells him calmly. His older brother glared at him angrily. "Do you have a better idea, smartass?" He questions. Jerry holds up his hands in defense and turns away again. As his brother kept punching the neighbor from next door, Jerry walks over to his girlfriend. He places his hands on her shoulders as he stands behind her. "They're barely moving," Liz tells him. "By this time Mrs. Greenwood has probably already called about her husband as well," he says. He briefly turns his head to see Jayden grabbing his man's face harshly.
"Who is getting beat up by my brother." He added. Liz looked at the boy as well. "He's going to kill him." She said. "Yep." Jerry sighed. He pressed a kiss against her head and turned back to his brother. He grabbed him and pulled him away. "Hey!" Jayden complained as he was dragged into the kitchen.

"The cops are outside. They're going to storm in here and we're going back to jail." Jerry whisper-yelled at Jayden. His brother held up his hands slightly. "Can you take a chill pill?" He asks. "We're going straight back to prison because of this. We shouldn't have run away. And you keep beating the crap out of him." The youngest triplet rambled. His brother harshly grabbed his upper arms. "Nothing's happening as long as we're in here and they are out there," Jayden replied. He shook his brother in his place. "We're going to get out of this. I just want to question him." He added. Jerry pushed his brother's hands off his arms. "No, you're killing him. Have you seen his face?" He says.
"I only hit him four times," Jayden replied. "There is more blood on his face than Jade lost on her period. And I'm talking about the heavy flows." He says. "No there's not," Jayden said as he rolled his eyes. "Go in there and have a look for yourself." He adds and points his finger.
Someone entered the kitchen as well. The two brothers turned their heads and looked at Jack. He was standing with both hands in his pockets and his head lowered. He was embarrassed to come face to face with his brothers after what happened. Especially Jerry. "Hey," The oldest triplet said. "How are you?" Jack asks his younger brother. "I'm okay," Jerry confirmed. He replied with an awkward nod. He didn't know what to say. He lost control and his brother got hurt.

"Okay, now that you're here, maybe you can enlighten us. Mister worry all the time wants us to not beat our neighbor's face in." Jayden says. All eyes turned to Jack. "The one that also called the cops on us. We might go back to prison because of him." Jayden continued. Jack looked at his younger brother. Jerry sighed and covered his eyes with his hand. "We're going to end up there anyway because he keeps beating his face," Jerry mumbled. "We shouldn't beat his face in," Jack replies. "Thank you," Jerry says. Jayden frowned at his younger brother. "Oh, so you pity him because you punched him in the throat?" He asks. The two boys furrowed their eyebrows at him. "You're being ridiculous," Jack tells his brother. "Are you sure you didn't hit your head somewhere?" Jerry questioned.
"Come on, you're telling me you don't want to beat the shit out of him? He files against us even when Meg told him not to. He called the cops on us after somehow finding out that we were there. He tried to kill us. And now we have him tied to a chair. You're telling me you don't even want to take a little advantage of that?" Jayden asks. "And I should take a chill pill? You're going to beat him to death!" Jerry complained. Jayden rolled his eyes. "He'll live." He says. "Not like that! His face is as good as gone already!" Jerry says. The boys started to argue again. A lot of name-callings happened. Hands were also being raised back into the air. Threats were made. It was very messy. She wasn't even sure if she should step in. Liz rolled her eyes and entered the kitchen. "I don't mean to interrupt this sweet brotherly moment, but you boys might want to come in here." she started. The triplets looked at each other briefly.

They followed Liz back into the living room where Eric was still taped to the chair. Megan stood by the window, the curtain creaking open slightly. "What the hell are you doing?" Jerry asks her. "They're all leaving," Megan says, not taking her eyes off the window. Jayden walked up to her and stood behind her. The police were indeed leaving. One by one the cars were driving away. They all followed one another. down the road. "Where are they going?" He says. Megan shook her head. "I have no idea." She says. Suddenly, her phone started to ring. She pressed it up against her ear. "Hello?" She says. "Will that do?" Andrew's voice sounded on the other side. Her eyes lit up slightly. Megan turned to look at Jayden with hopeful eyes. "How did you do that?" She asks. "I made a call. I told the cops I saw the triplets near the grocery store. They didn't even ask anything else." Andrew explained to his cousin. The triplets gave her a concerned expression. Megan holds up her hand slightly. "They need our help, Andrew." She tells him. He didn't want to think about it. About them. Her. Megan let out a quiet sigh. She moved her hand from his chest to rest on his cheek. "I can't do this by myself. I need you. And Jade." She said. "They belong behind bars." He spat coldly, "All of them." he added. "Jade has lost her mind. But I need her to get her brothers out of there. They are innocent. They are held captive for their father's crimes." Megan rambled. Andrew carefully moved her hand away. "She can tell the court what they need to hear. I just need to find her." She continued. Andrew looked down at her with a sad look in his eyes. All those feelings came rushing back all at once. "You love her, don't you?" Megan asked him. Andrew wouldn't answer. "If you do, you will help me bring her and her brothers home." She spoke. "Why would I do that? After everything that has happened, why would I help them? They wanted to kill you. And me. Why do you keep helping them?" He asked her. "They have no one else." Megan tells him, "No one aside from us. They are scared." She added. Andrew shook his head. "No," he started, "I'm not doing it. I'm sorry, Megan." He continued. He walked past her. "I don't want to get near them ever again." He added. "But you love her, right?" Megan questioned. He stopped near the stairs, resting his hand on the post next to the steps. Andrew glanced over his shoulder with a cold look in his eyes. "Please, get out of my house. And don't try to involve me in this anymore." He asked her. Megan watched as he slowly made his way down the stairs into the almost completely darkened house. "I thought you didn't want to be involved anymore." She says. "Well, to be completely honest with you, this wasn't part of the plan. But when I saw it on the news I knew you were with them. And your father has disappeared. I thought it would be better to look after you." He tells her. A smile appeared on her lips. "Thank you, Andrew." She replies. The triplets sigh in relief. Someone they could trust.