•Chapter 56• Devil in Disguise

Tears burned behind Jade's eyes as she watched the scene unfold. Her brothers, all three of them, were caught like a deer in headlights. Bill was pushing the boys into their positions right in front of Megan. Their heads are lowered, chins against their chests, and avoid eye contact. Their father seems more than pleased now that his fantasy is finally coming to life. All of his children were here, obeying his wishes, and the Greenwoods were put in their rightful place. And then there is Casper. Maybe this was her karma. Jade put her faith in the wrong person. Inside her mind she cursed herself. Why didn't I see the signs? There have been so many. He lied to my face. All those thoughts continue to ramble on and on through her thoughts. "You're a rat, you know that?" She spat at the young man. He lets out a sigh. "Just doing my job." He was saying it as if she has to pity him. As if he's the victim here. "What job?" Jade cut him off quickly, "I trusted you." Her uncle has been right from the start. She should have listened to him. She should have stuck with him instead of leaving with Casper. "I really thought you cared." He takes a step closer to her and his gaze softened. "I do care about you, Jade." Jade, not boss... Bill is his boss after all. "What else did you tell him?" Jade asks him. Casper gives her an assuring look. "I didn't tell him anything. Like I said. I promised you I wouldn't pass through any information to him." He lowered the volume of his voice so Bill couldn't hear him, or maybe he was trying to keep this a calm and civil conversation. "Bullshit." Jade spat at him. "I didn't." Casper seemed stern as he gritted those words between his teeth.

There is no way he's getting away with this that easily. "Why would I tell him about that?" Casper asks her. "Well, you told him everything else, didn't you?" Jade spat back at him. What did he tell Bill? Is that how he knew about her and Casper and where they were? Would he have come looking for them there? But more importantly. The moments she's had with Casper... were they a Before Casper could say anything else, Bill pulled his daughter away from him to put her in line with her brothers, in front of the Greenwood family. Jade briefly looks over at the three boys standing beside her. They were scared. All three of them. Jayden was barely frightened when she pointed a gun at his head, but this he was afraid of. She looks over to look at Casper again. Was that guilt? Is he feeling guilty about this?

"Andrew's not here." Jade suddenly blurted out. Neither was Henry. Henry has done some terrible things, especially towards Jade, but why would she name Andrew? Bill smiles as he walks over to his daughter. He rested his hands on her shoulders again, like he did before, and kissed the top of her head. "I wouldn't take him away from you, Little One, I'm not a monster," Bill assures her. "Then you shouldn't take Megan either." She tells him sternly. Jayden looked up at his sister in the corner of his eyes. "No, no, she needs to go, little one. She just has to. But your little boyfriend won't be harmed by me. Until he makes a misstep of course, and crosses a line, then he has to go. Or when you grow out of it. This little phase." Bill replies. The man steps away from his child and turns to the frightened family in front of them. "This really is a dream coming true, you know. For years dreaming and imagining what this moment would be like." Bill lets out a pleased sigh. Is any of this even real? Jade thinks to herself. The situation is just hard to grasp. None of this should be happening. I should have stayed with my brothers. Why was I so busy trying to prove myself to this psycho? None of this would've happened if she just stayed with her brothers. Or even listened to any of Louis' warnings.

"Louis," The triplets snapped their heads toward their sister, and to their surprise, Bill did too. "Louis? What about him?" Bill was quick to respond before anyone else could. "He's still somewhere out there. He's worried about me." Suddenly, something changed within Bill. A different kind of anger took over. Not something that drives his revenge but instead something that drives his fatherly instincts. He narrows his eyes at her. "You weren't with him? He is supposed to watch over you." He said. "Yes, but we –" Jade tried to interrupt her father. Louis could be her, along with the others, hope to escape Bill's grasp right at this moment. But Bill... Bill is furious. Furious that his best friend, someone he would consider to be his brother, has not been protecting the one thing that is more important to him than breathing. Not being her guardian, not protecting her, and letting her lead the Pack he once left behind. And she did it all better. Most likely with his help. The question still remains, where is he now? "He is supposed to watch over you and he didn't even know where you were!" Bill barked at his daughter causing her to jump at the volume of his voice.

"What is that?" The madman turns his head tothe window as he hears sirens approaching to the Greenwood house. Seven, maybeten, cars were driving rapidly through the street. Bill immediately looked atCasper who held up his hands as a defense. Bill's gaze fell on Megan sittingon the couch looking up at the three boys. He storms toward her, grabs her neckonce he reaches her, and lifts her up to meet his eye level. "You called thembefore you stepped in here, didn't you? Didn't you!?" He snapped at her. Jack'shead snapped up first. "Dad –" He snapped at him but Bill, of course, wouldn'tlisten to his son. "Didn't you?!" He started squeezing the soft flesh on herneck, definitely leaving some bruises. There was a loud banging on the door. "Openup! Police!" Jade couldn't help but get a bit of a flashback and it didn't seemlike she was the only one. "Dad, let her go," Jayden tells him. Bill finally letgo of her once another banging on the door sounded. "We are going to come in ifyou don't let us in!" A man yells from outside the door, "Open up!" Jayden grabbedMegan from his father's grip and hurried to the back door. Jack and Jerrybumped into the old man and so not allowing him to grab his weaponthat would make his kids stay here with him. The three boys made a run for itwith Megan. When Jade tried to follow, Bill grabbed her. "You are not goinganywhere, Little one." When the door was slammed open by the police, Billjumped and lost his grip on his daughter. It all went so fast. She didn't evensee who grabbed her. The last thing she saw was her father finally grabbing hisgun and shooting at the cops and the Greenwoods ducking down and covering theirheads.