Writting is hard

(A/n: but I'm harder🐀🐀🐀.)

Au: whatever the fawk this is 👌.

TW: Cuss words, fluff, death, and me ragging cause I hate life (they made night out arc not real)

Mitsuba pov:

"What do you want?" I say yelling at Minamoto-kun. "Mitsuba, you ran away. I-I had no choice.." I looked back at him and saw how he cried. Sure I wanted to help him smile again, I knew damn well I was reason that he felt this way.

"You're so weak." I muttered out at him knowing it would piss him off. "I-..." He swallowed his tears back and exhaled. "I know you don't mean it." He reached for my shoulder to which I slapped away. "You know? Tell me, WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU KNOW ABOUT ME!?" I yelled hoping that at the very least one person could understand what I feel.

"I know this is cause of your dad.. remember what we did when my mom.. left?" He said attempting to soothe me. "I hate you." I said as I sat down on the dirty floor of the woods behind Minamoto-kuns house. He smiled. "I don't care, I won't leave you till you feel better!"

His smile flashed in my head again and again. Everything just felt so unreal in that moment. Someone did understand and was able to help. There is good in the world, and he is mine.

"Yo, Sousuke?" Kou said as he shoved a piece of food in my mouth. I flinched, chewed and swallowed. "What were you thinking lame-ass!? I could've choked!" I said as I tucked a peice of hair behind my ear. "It's not my fault! You've been spacey all day!" He says in a rather exaggerated tone.

"I'm just trying to remember everything we learned in our math class since we have a test on Monday!" I say knowing damn well it's the anniversary of my father's death. "Are you sure you don't want to talk about it?" He says tilting his head to the side like a confused puppy.

I blush slightly and change the topic. "Overdramatic guy with a lame ass earring" I say with my hand covering my laugh. He takes my hand. "Don't hide your smile Sousuke, I like the sound of your laughter." He says with his pure eyes gazing into mine.

In my head I was panicking. He always said that I had a nice laugh or a cute smile but never has he stopped me from hiding my laugh. "Mhm!" I said as I nodded, which by the way, is such a lame half assed response. "It's umm..." I say looking to the side. Looking at him always gives me a fever dream sensation.

"You should c-come over, my mom wanted me to ask you.." I said using my mother as an excuse. "If you wanna invite me just say so!" He said smiling ear to ear. I nodded at we headed toward Yokoo and Satou who would've been pissed if we had another lunch without them.

Not because they mind me and Kou eating in private, but because they consistently tell me to date Kou and other things. I don't mind it but I'd be lying if I said I didn't have a crush on Kou. He's my best friend, he can have anyone he wants. I can't care too much, I'm his best friend after all.

Lately he's been getting shipped with one of our senpai's, Nene Yashiro. I don't mind it but it also makes me sick. "Yo Mitsuba" I turned to look at Satou. "What's up?" I ask with my head on the table. "Why aren't you eating too much?" He asks with a concerned glance.

"Cause I ate a snack earlier." I say as I pull out a brush from my pocket and start comb my hair. "Oh okay" he says and then turns to Yokoo. "See, I told you he's fine." Satou patted Yokoo's head. Yuck. Lovebirds.

(Time skip)

I went to my locker, happy. I opened it and grabbed my backpack, stuffed everything I could in there except my camera. I don't need a cracked screen. I close my locker and step to a side waiting for kou to finish, Kou's locker was right next to mine so I just stood to a side and watched him finish up.

"Hurry up lame earring! My feet are killing me!" I said dramatically as he wrapped up. He huffed and stood up. "I'm done, happy now?" He said with an annoyed smile. "Yes, now let's go." I said as I intertwined his hand with mine.

This was a pretty common thing to do considering there was twenty thousand kids trying to leave school with the same uniform. It's easy to lose people, but even when we had left, Kou made it a point that we should keep holding hands cause of some dumb reason. It was stupid but like stupid cute. I felt myself smiling, ew.

We walked in silence for a while until we missed a turn. I thought he made a mistake but then he missed another. "You missed a few turns, idiot." I said rolling my eyes. "No we haven't?" He says puzzled. "Are you sure? You can be a spacey idiot sometimes." I said as I covered my smirk with the sleeve of my free hand.

"You're the one acting spacey today." He said before he scoffed. "Oh what ever lame ass" I said since I wasn't exactly in the mood to fight too much. We continued to walk in silence. Eventually I picked up on where we were.

"Kou, why are we here?" I said feeling the tears in my eyes. "I know you wanted to come here. We always came here and I promised to bring you every year, remember?" Hearing those words leave his mouth made me want to cry even more.

"So you did remember?" I ask wiping away the few tears that did leave my cheek. He smiled and nodded. "I love you too much to forget." He said as he cupped my cheeks and smiled at me, which made me want to smile as well.

(Time skip a few months later)

Well.. it's been the worst months of my life. Kou got really close with that dumb ugly girl. I mean of course he's straight and I don't care too much but I mean, his standards are low, and I mean really.

I see them all the time too. In the halls, lunchtime, walking to and from school. It's all a huge pain. We rarely even talks to me anymore because he's obviously obsessed with this girl with the fat ankles.

I try to not let its show but I just can't stand her. I don't want to hate her, but it feels like all the sunshine and happiness I once had is fading away, as if it were a facade. As if I had only ever imagined it.

Two more days. I look down at my food. I scoff and push place it back on my floor next to me. Every single day whenever I try to eat, it taste like metal in my mouth. It's not a good taste so I just don't eat.

I remember eating everyday on in the lunchroom with Kou. Not one day went by that I didn't feel my jaw swore. I stand up and wipe the tears from my eyes. "Why am I crying like a little baby, I'm so weak." I whisper as I stand up and walk to the school's garden.

I started taking pictures of anything that I thought kou might be impressed by, which was a lot. I mean he is easily impressed.

~end~
Word count: 1310

I'll make a pt2 soon of Kou's pov just give me a year, trust 🙏🙏🙏