Taking pictures of you. (Both pov)

(A/N: TW:Homophobia (?) I COLORED THIS!! AND IT SUCKS!! This is inspired by a song. "Taking pictures of you" by The Kooks. Fitting title and the lyrics scream Mitsukou. So here ya go 💗)

-Kou pov-

"Its finally November 1st" I whisper with what could almost be tears of joy or relief as I hold a picture of my mom close to me. "Do you think he'll accept me if I'm bisexual?" I whisper as if I were talking to another person and not a photograph of my deceased mother.

"Kou? You up yet? Tiara's begging for panca-..." My older brother, Teru's, voice trails off. "Are you okay Kou?" He asks with a sincere smile. "O-oh!" I say as I regain my enthusiasm. "Nothing! I just need to tell you something after school, okay?" I say now sitting on my bed.

"You sure the stress of your second year at Kamone isn't getting to you?" He asks. "Or is it the beginners exorcist stuff too hard?" He adds. "No, no I-..." I say with my head down. "Just promise to get home early so we can talk about this?" I say before getting up to get dressed.

"I guess I'll let you get changed. Shall I get started on the pancakes?" He says with a teasing giggle as he already knows I will say no.

-Time skip to class time-

Birds chirping outside again. Nice cool breeze, it's definitely going to be an amazing day.

"Good morning students, today we have a new kid joining us, from the other class. 2-D. Go ahead and introduce yourself to the rest of the class" my teacher says gesturing to a cute short girl. Wait why is she in a boy's uniform.

"My name is Sousuke Mitsuba, its a pleasure to meet you" Her voice instantly had some sort of impact on me. She had cute pink hair and I bet if she didn't wear those hair clips, her hair would cover one her eyes. (My friend who read my draft thought it said hair chips.....)

"Good, since our seats are organized by last names, you're in front of Minamoto. Minamoto! Raise your hand so mitsuba knows where to go." My teacher said as I raised my hand waiting for her to come over, which she did. She sat in front of me as I noticed how nice she smelled. I wonder if it's perfume. Probably watermelon or strawberry.

She put her bag on the hook and turned to me. "Hey I'm Mitsuba, I hope we can be friends." She said with an adorable smile. "For sure! I'm minamoto Kou." I said with a smile. I mean it must be hard to join a new class two months into school.

She smiled at me and then faced back to the teacher. I didn't learn anything that period. She was way too interesting to take my eyes off.

~Time skip to lunch~

"Hey mitsuba!" I say as I smile. "What's up" she says. "Wanna eat lunch together?" I ask as an attempt to befriend the strawberry haired girl. "Sure." She says as she pulls out a boxed lunch from her bag. She then puts it on my desk as she sits to face me.

"So what do you think of the class?" I say. "It's hella lame. I don't know anyone and I don't want to." She says shrugging, I never expected someone with her face to say something like that. "I'm kidding!" She laughs. It's cute but it feels forced.

"Oh okay! Anyways, why are you wearing a boys uniform?" I say trying to change topics. "What?" She says with a puzzled and disturbed gaze which quickly disappeared. "I-um I asked why are you wearing a boys uniform?" I say feeling like I touched a sensitive topic.

"I am a boy." The pink haired girl- no boy says. "Oh. I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to offend you!" I say with an apologetic tone. "Is totally okay!" She says with a cute little mad grin. I giggle at my realization. "Are you faking wanting to be friends?" I ask with a genuine smile.