Chapter 1

user is typing...

HOSS

I need you to do a job for me.

KNIGHT

...a job?

HOSS

Yes.

KNIGHT

If this is a job, are you going to pay me?

HOSS

Don't be so fucking smart.

KNIGHT

It's a fair question.

HOSS

Yes, I'm going to pay you. You in?

KNIGHT

What's the job?

HOSS

I need you to get something for me.

KNIGHT

For you?

HOSS

For me, for a client - what the fuck does it matter?

KNIGHT

It matters to me.

HOSS

Fuck you.

KNIGHT

Alright then.

HOSS

Wait wait wait.

KNIGHT

Yes?

HOSS

You're the fucking worst, you know that?

KNIGHT

You wouldn't need me for a job if that's true.

HOSS

This is important. Confidential. I don't want you running your mouth to anyone about this, you got it?

KNIGHT

Discretion is my middle name. What's the job?

HOSS

I have a client - and no, I won't give you their name no matter what you say. One of their competitors has information they need.

KNIGHT

And they can't get it through appropriate means, so you need me to do it?

HOSS

We could fight around the correct ways to get this information but this is a time sensitive matter for my client. They need this information and they need it yesterday. If I could do this legit I would but my client doesn't have the time.

KNIGHT

So you need me.

HOSS
Believe me, I wouldn't be talking to you if I had any other possible option. But for some fucking reason you can always do what everyone else can't and I need the best.

KNIGHT

Don't know that it was the best move to come off so desperate. You don't have much to bargain with at this point.