Chapter Thirty-Four

Ivanna feels the familiar pit in her stomach as a siren turns on.

"We getting pulled over?" Sam asks, looking towards his brother. Dean looks at the rear view mirror on the outside of the driver's door, while red and blue lights color their surroundings.

"I got a busted taillight." He says after a quick inspection. He groans before looking forward, "It's not like we're in a hurry or nothin'." He replies sarcastically, slowing to pull over. Ivanna leans forward, resting her arms over the seat,

"I got a bad feeling about this." She tells the boys, looking back at the cop trailing behind them. She leans back as Sam takes out the registration papers, allowing Dean to roll down the window, having to manually turn it down.

"Problem, officer?" Dean asks kindly as the man glares the flashlight at them.

"License and registration, please." Dean holds his hand out, papers held out for the officer. "Did you realize you have a taillight out, Mr...Hagar?"

"Yes. Yes, sir." Dean hesitates before replying. Ivanna feels her heart race, her fingers drumming against her thigh. "Uh, you know, I've been meaning to take care of that. As a matter of fact..." He opens his door, slamming it harshly into the officer's knees, causing him to shout and fall over. Ivanna immediately reached down and pulled her knife out of her ankle holster, opening the side behind Sam and racing around.

"Dean!" Sam scolds his brother while Dean races out of the vehicle. He immediately starts swinging as the officer struggles to stand, punching him left and right. Ivanna pushes him slightly as she forces the knife in the officer's throat. He gasps, red bright light baring from the entry point, a fizzing sound flaring as the body drops.

Ivanna immediately drops to her knees, placing her hand on the bodies forehead and speaking a blessing, allowing the overtaken soul to enter heaven's gates and be free of the demon. She was so focused on her words, she hadn't noticed Bobby had pulled up and raced out of the car, running towards them. She didn't notice Dean had crouched forward and placed his hands on her arms.

"What the hell happened?" Bobby asked the group, scandalized. Dean shook Ivanna in his grip, forcing her attention to them. She looked back at his green eyes, finding worry and compassion in them.

"Ivanna just killed a demon, but Dean got the jump on it." Sam's shock was evident in his voice. Ivanna looks back towards the dead, empty body, sighing and nodding her head, allowing Dean to lift her up. "How'd you know? Ivanna hadn't said anything."

Ivanna lightly glared, remembering that she had, in fact, said something. Dean turned his head to face his brother, his eyes wild, "I just knew." Was all Dean could answer, his eyebrows drawn with fear. Ivanna turned around, causing Dean's arms to drop from her, "I could see its face, it's real face under that one."

This caused Ivanna's brows to draw up in surprise. Dean turned his gaze to her, asking her silently if she understood what he meant. She hadn't even seen the demons true faces, only ever able to guise them from the feeling in her gut. She shook her head, reaching forward and laying a hand on his arm this time,

"Come on, we still have a demon to kill." She attempted to draw the group out of their shock. She reached down and started to lift the dead body while the three had stayed completely still. As she hooked her arms under its shoulder and slowly lifted, she glared at the three, "Hello! I'm not caring this heavy ass thing all by myself, so snap out of it and let's get a move on!"

The three blinked before rushing to help her, Dean ducking down and lifting the legs of the body and helping her carry it towards the woods. Sam reached towards the body's pocket, drawing out the car keys and tossing them over to Bobby. Together, the four of them worked on covering the body and the tracks of the car, burying them deep in the woods and covering them with fall tree branches.