Chapter Twenty-Seven

"Ow, ow, ow...Dean!" Ivanna whined as Dean applied pressure to her nose.

"Oh stop. Now hold still I gotta put it back in place." Dean splayed his fingers over her cheeks, the but of his hands on each side of her nose. She quickly jumped back at his words, shaking her head with fervor as she backed up.

"Nope, nope, not gonna happen. You're gonna make it worse."

"No, you're gonna make it worse if you don't let me fix it. Then you really will have a crooked nose." Dean grumbled as he stalked towards her.

"I think we should really just go to the doctors." She continued backing up, stumbling as her back end ran into the nightstand. She stood stunned, like a trapped animal as her capture walked closer to her.

"I have more experience fixing broken noses than most doctors," He placed his hands on her shoulders and guided her to sit on the bed. "Come on, let me fix this."
She stared deeply into his eyes, looking for any seed of doubt. When she found none, she sighed and relaxed in her seat.

"All right," she then jumped forward, holding a finger to towards him, "But if you make it worse, mark my words, Dean Winchester, I will kill you before you get to die."

Dean laughed lightly as he kneeled down in front of her. He nodded his understanding as he placed his hands back over her face. He looked deep into her eyes, breathing deeply,

"Breathe in." He instructed calmly. She closed her eyes and started to take her own deep breath. A crunch sounded, her face twisted in pain as she doubled over. Dean had successfully snapped her nose back into place and had caught her upper body against him, laying her head against his shoulder and placing a soothing hand over her hair.

"Ow! Dean, you were supposed to wait until I breathed out!" Her voice was a muffled cry against his neck as she fought hard against the pain.

"Shh, do it when you least expect it, best way to not flinch and fuck it up more." He soothed as he rubbed his hand against her hair, placing his other arm against her bicep and squeezing. She lifted up just enough to hit his shoulder, weakly,

"It still hurt like a bitch." She complained as Dean sat her up more. He turned to the side and lifted a clean, white towel he had gotten from the bathroom. He handed it to her and she placed it under her nose, it leaking with more blood now. He stood up and walked over to the bathroom, grabbing another towel and wetting it under the water while Ivanna felt tears roll from her eyes.

He came back with a wet towel and a medical kit in both hands, tutting at the sad sight of her as he places the items next to her. He slowly lifted her chin and removed the blood soaked towel, throwing it on the floor. He swiped his thumb under her eyes, wiping away her tears as he picked up the wet towel and got to work on wiping the blood from her nose.

When he had cleaned off most of it, he then threw that towel away and pulled up a chair to sit in front of her dangling legs. They had both been in comfortable silence as Dean cleaned her up.

"Thank you." Ivanna said softly, like she was afraid to break the calming silence. Dean hummed as he unpackaged white strips of tape and placed it over her nose.

"It's nothing." He said simply as he grabbed a bigger piece of tape and wrapped it around her nose, sealing his work together and allowing it to heal correctly. Ivanna reached out and grabbed his hands as he pulled them away from her face,

"Still...thank you." She spoke sincerely as she gazed in his eyes. Dean held eye contact with her for a moment longer before he pulled her hands towards him and kissed the knuckles.