Chapter Twelve

A knock at the door was the thing that broke the trio out of their stupor. Sam was seated at a table filled with books about ships. Ivanna was scoring new's articles about any past related incidents on her laptop, and Dean was sprawled out on a seat while he was on his phone. Ivanna wasn't sure what he was doing, but an occasional grunt of distaste or smile in victory would reach her eyes and ears.

The trio immediately snapped their items shut at the sound. Dean pushed his way ahead of his companions and slid his body against the old white front door, slowly. He reached up to twist open an ornate peep-hole that was more of a mini door in Ivanna's opinion. Because of the size, everyone was able to see who was behind the door at the same time. Bela Talbot.

Ivanna sighed from where she had picked up her dagger, and sat deeper into the couch she had claimed. When Dean looked back to his brother with aggravation filling his eyes, Sam clicked the safety back on his gun. A gun Ivanna hadn't even seen as he had it hidden against the table. He quickly shoved it back under the table, laying it on his lap.

Dean unlocked the door, and opened it with his whole body walking backwards. A dramatic flourish that made Ivanna want to giggle. She didn't though, because Bela walked in almost immediately, her body language reading authority. Her clothes too, with her pencil skirt and blazer outfit she looked like a secretary.

"Dead, God." Bela's voice drawled in mock sympathy. Ivanna wondered if she had ever experienced any actual emotions. She found herself quickly scowling at the woman with good fashion taste before she could even continue. Sam rolled his eyes and wiped a hand down his face in exhaustion while Dean shut the door quietly.

"Are you actually squatting?" Her voice dripped with disgust. She frowned as she looked around at the abandoned house, as if something would jump out and eat her. "Charming." Her face then grew a saccharine smile, one devoid of actual sweetness and covered in mocking. "So, how did things go last night with Peter?"

Ivanna quickly stood from her seat on the couch. She grabbed her bad and shoved her laptop in it roughly. Then she walked towards the table Sam was sitting at and sat next to him, her glare hot. Sam just looked down defeated.

"That well, huh?" Bela looked back towards Dean as she asked the question. He glared down at her while he put his hands on his hips.

"If you say, I told you so..I swear to God, I'll start swingin." Was his reply, a threat more like.

"What do you want, Bela?" Ivanna leaned forward as she placed her crossed arms on the table. Bela sighed deeply for a moment before she glanced back at Ivanna.

"Look, I think the four of us should have a heart-to-heart." Immediate scoffs entered the room from the brothers and Ivanna.

"That's assuming you have a heart." Dean chirped back as he walked past her. His shoulder purposely clipped hers as he walked over to sit next to Ivanna. He slumped down into the seat and rested his elbow on the table, his head falling into his hand in exasperation. Because he was slightly in front of Ivanna, his arm now obscured her view of Bela so she leaned to the side towards Sam to see better.

"I'm sorry about what I said before, okay? I come bearing gifts." Bela continued her voice soft and almost genuine. Ivanna had to admit she was intrigued at the prospects of gifts from the thief stood before them. It could either be a bomb, a deadly object, or possibly something sweet like flowers or chocolate. Ivanna doubted it would be sweet though.

"Such as?" Sam asked her with quiet disdain.

"I've ID'ed the ship." She tells them as she lifts a black folder. She then makes a show of unzipping it towards their eyes, drawing heavy sighs from the brothers and a reluctant nod from Ivanna.