Epilogue

Three Months Later

Three Months Later

"Stop whining." I laugh across the phone line.

William Harry Emerson, or H as I affectionately call him is perhaps the world's biggest crybaby. Ever since we arrived in Italy he hasn't stopped bitching about our current accommodations situation.

"You don't really believe all that stuff do you?" He asked.

"What? That it's bad luck to see the bride the night before the wedding?" I teased him.

"God. You do believe that don't you?" He blew out a deep breath.

"I don't want to jinx a single thing H. You know that." I said softly.

"I know. I know. Are you ok? With being back in Italy and all?" H softly asks. He really is such a kind soul. Who would've thought?

"I'm fine. This is going to create all new memories for us. We are going to have such a special day tomorrow. Besides, I can't help it that my grandfather decided to live here and he made an offer we couldn't refuse by offering to pay for a wedding."

"You know none of that mattered to me. I would have married you three months ago if you'd have let me."

I can tell by the sound of his voice that he's smiling now. It's true, he begged me to marry him right away, starting the day after he came back to me. He started out by hinting around and then he jokingly said it and after two weeks he got down on one knee with the most beautiful diamond ring I've ever seen. My father had given H his blessing and also my mother's engagement ring. It was perfect. I allowed him to put the diamond on my finger right then and there and it's driven him mad that we waited two more months to make it official.

"I love you. Enjoy your last night of freedom." He says softly.

"I love you. Who are you kidding? I've not known what freedom is since I met you in New York."

I laugh, knowing it will get a rise out of him. He's gotten better about talking about our past. It may have been difficult but it's all part of our story and it really does seem like fate had a hand in our story.

"You still don't know how to get a bartenders attention for shit by the way." He teases.

"Really? Seems like I do alright with you." I bite back.

Since his return to Anguilla H has helped my father and his at the bar. It always makes me laugh to come visit when he's working and finding him standing behind the bar with Niall down on the other end. He's a natural and he loves meeting visitors from all over the world who come to Anguilla and his father's bar. Both of our dad's have hinted at retiring and enjoying more time on their boats. We weren't completely sure if we were going to stay put in one place,but it's felt right. Neither H or I really had any sense of a home life for years and years so it's been nice having some sense of normality with a family.