Thirteen. Play Nice.

Chapter Songs: Fools/Troye Sivan, Like I Would/Zayn

Three days after Harry pulled me from the darkened stables I was ready to face my demons head on. It took a lot of persuading from Harry to finally convince me that I had to face Antony at some point. Even though he had other people do his physical bidding for him, it didn't hide the fact that he was the mastermind of it all. He was the leader of my own personal hell. I hated him.

Harry's confession that he wanted me and was trying to protect me the night I met Antony was hard for him, I could tell. He doesn't seem to be one to easily share feelings and stuff. It's like feelings are a foreign concept for him. I don't know why but I have this strong need for him to open up to me, I want to know who he is and everything about him. I want to know why he chose this life for himself when he seems to dislike it so much.

I've decided to play nice with Antony for the time being, until Harry can figure this out. I need to reach some sort of middle ground with him and to tell him I'll do what he asks of me regarding marriage and babies as long as he agrees to give me the time I need to prepare for it. I don't actually plan on doing those things. I'm just hoping it's enough time for Harry to figure a way out of this for us.

Harry enters my bedroom just as I'm putting the finishing touches on my hair. We haven't talked much about anything other than this plan and there hasn't been any physical touches between us again.

"Are you ready for this?" He asks as he strides across the room.

"No, I'm not but I know I have to be." I try to swallow down the nerves as best I can.

I can tell by the look on his face that he is a conflicted man right now. I think he wants to comfort me, perhaps even hug me, but its the other side of the coin that prohibits him from doing so. I'm dressed in black slacks and a button up white blouse with a large bow at the neck. It's classy and elegant and precisely what Antony Valeri is looking for in his mate. Harry said I needed to make an impression and be on my best behavior today to get back into Antony's good graces. I go back and forth in my mind on wondering if I've made a terrible decision in trusting him, but I have no other option.

My ankle is still a little sore, but I can at least walk on it today. My bruises are concealed and for all outward appearances I look fine. One last look into the mirror and I turn to exit my room. Harry reaches out for my arm and stops me for a moment. My eyes find his and theres a seriousness in his gaze at the moment.

"Best behavior Harper. It'll be easier this way ok?" He says.

I nod my head and I can tell he's disappointed that I don't have anything to say to him in this moment. I make my way downstairs with Harry following unusually close behind. I can feel the bile rising as soon as my eyes land on Antony. He's seated at the head of the dining room table and Niall is sitting to his left. Niall gives me a quick glance before his eyes quickly shift downwards.