Thirty Two. No Time To Waste

Just when I think that I've possibly seen every mood, every side of Harry

Just when I think that I've possibly seen every mood, every side of Harry...he surprises me. He's in a mood this morning and it's one that's throwing me off. He's being quiet and he seems like he's a world away. I've had to repeat what I say to him numerous times already.

"I've got to head out for an errand today." He suddenly says, catching me off guard a bit.

"Ok. Can I come with you?" I ask.

"I'm afraid not. I won't be gone long, I promise." He is busy typing away on his phone and I wonder who he's talking to.

"Are you going to tell me what's bothering you?" I ask. He gives me no indication that he's even heard me.

"Harry?" Again, he doesn't even realize I'm speaking to him.

"Why are you staring at me?" He asks finally.

"I've asked you a couple of questions to which you've had no reply. "

"Dann it. I'm sorry Blue. I've got a ton going on in my head." He struggles to find an excuse to blame this on. I decide to give him the space he seemingly needs.

"It's ok. Do you want me to wait for you in the safe room?"

"Would you? I know it's asking a lot, but I feel better knowing you're safe." He gives me a weak smile.

"I'd do anything for you. I trust you." I hope my words bring him comfort, but instead he looks even more pained.

I make some breakfast for us and finish cleaning and putting away the dishes when he reappears fully dressed and seemingly ready to head out. I follow him into the library and stop and peruse the books for a moment.

"I'm just going to take this to read a little I think." I give him a smile. He walks over and gives me a small smile as his fingertips trace over the front cover of the book.

"One of my favorites. Can never go wrong with Bukowski." He placed his thumb and index finger underneath my chin and tilted my head upwards to look at him.

"I will remember the kisses our lips raw with love and how you gave me everything you had and how I offered you what was left of me. " he smiled and leaned down to kiss me in that moment.

I wanted to say the words in that moment. I wanted to tell him I loved him and how he can truly have everything that I have and my heart belongs to him. There isn't a part of me that remains untouched, unaffected by Harry. I belong to him.

He pulled away from the kiss, eyes closed and a peaceful smile on his face. I wish I could give him a million more moments like this because this was the most peaceful I've ever seen him. There wasn't a crease between his brows,  no worry, no anger, just pure peace and happiness and I wanted him to always feel like this.

"That's the power and beauty of Bukowski." He kissed my forehead and led me into the safe room.

"I promise I won't be long." He spoke softly as I made myself comfortable on the sofa.