Twenty Eight. The Getaway Plan

Harry had been working on his laptop nonstop since we woke this morning

Harry had been working on his laptop nonstop since we woke this morning. He'd take a break and pace a little bit, seemingly deep in thought and then he'd go right back to whatever he was working on. He'd ask random questions every so often, mostly about my father.

He wasn't liking the fact that a dress designer would be arriving tomorrow and his whole breakdown caught me off guard. I have so many questions for him, but I don't think that even he knows what his answers would be yet. I never thought I'd find myself in this situation. How it happened, I don't really know, but the truth is...I'm in love with him.

I've went over this in my mind and tried to rationalize it a bit thinking that maybe I was just feeling an attachment to him because we were thrown together in this situation and I considered him my only ally in this. I knew though, when he told me he'd never had anything in his life that just belonged to him and he asked if he could keep me, I knew.....I love him.

We didn't say the words, we didn't need to. Words are always nice to hear and I want to say them, I want to hear them, but only when the time is right and he's ready. He's not there yet and that's ok. I'm afraid of what else will fall from his lips when he says those words. I'm afraid of what secrets he holds within and what could possibly destroy us.

It bothers him, I can see that much. He's a bit of a tortured soul and we have found a kinship in one another because of it. I hope he's realizing that he can trust me. I'm not sure he's ever fully trusted anyone before.

The sound of his voice pulls me from my thoughts and I hear him on the phone with Niall. He gives Niall some information and seemingly speaks in code of some sort and then instructs him to call back promptly with the info he's requested.

I watch him from behind, his shoulders slumped and every muscle in his back and shoulders seems so tense. He holds his phone in one hand and tugs at his hair with the other hand. He alternates from his hair to running his palm up and down his upper thigh to ground him and calm himself.

My ears perk up when I hear a female voice. I'm unable to make out any words, but I definitely recognize that the voice is female on the other end of the line. He greets her as "Collins" and I wonder who she is. He asks her for information on someone named Beckwith. He raises his voice at times and tells her it's important.

He gets quiet as he listens to whatever she's saying and seems confused at whatever he's being told. He tells her everything is fine and thanks her for her assistance and that he will call if he needs assistance. Everything feels like a riddle.

He ends the call and makes another call back to Niall. He's growing more and more desperate and antsy it seems. He writes some things down and then ends the call again. He buried his face in his hands as he tossed the phone on the cushion beside him.

"Are you ok?" I say softly from behind him.

"I'm fine Blue. Just need to figure some things out."

"Can I help?" I offer.