Chapter 25 - Confrontation

Krissy

Skylar, Tiana, Taylor and I were sitting on the living room floor letting our toenail polish dry. The girls had been talking about the sleepover all week and it was nice to see them make friends.

Keith had went out with MJ. I think they needed some bonding time with all that's going on right now. Hopefully MJ didn't turn out to be like Caleb. Then who would Keith have besides family? Sometimes that's a scary feeling.

"Can we start on the brownies?" Skylar asks.
"Oh yeah, let's start. I also have some vanilla ice cream in the freezer we can have with it."

"That's gonna be so good. Vanilla is my favorite," Tiana smiles. I'm glad to finally see a genuine smile on her face.

I connect my phone to the speaker and begin a playlist on Youtube as we gathered in the kitchen. It felt awesome to be a girl mom. It was like having two mini best friends constantly. They were good listeners and always supported you. Despite meeting them through unfortunate circumstances, I'm glad things turned out the way they did.

"Let's take a picture girls," I smile opening the camera on my phone. They put on their biggest causing me to laugh a little. I send the picture to Skylar's mom and Keith. This picture was also going in the scrapbook. Nothing compares to a good memory.

As we start mixing the ingredients, Kane barks at the front door.

"Keep mixing ladies," I say before walking towards the front door.

"Kane, what are you barking at?" I take a look outside of the window but no one was out there. Please don't scare me right now. This is not the time.
I know he didn't have to use the bathroom, I just took him out not even an hour ago. After making sure the door was locked, I went back into the kitchen with the girls.

Somehow chocolate ended up on all of their faces.

"I was gone for two seconds," I laugh causing them all to do the same.

Once the brownies were in the oven, the girls went to Tiana's room to play. I love how they included Taylor even though she was younger than them. She never felt left out.

My phone buzzes on the counter, it was a text from Keith.

Keith: My beautiful family❤️.
Keith: I'll be home soon. Save me a spot to listen to some gossip.
Krissy loved "My beautiful family❤️."
Krissy: You're too late. They told me all about their crushes at the complex. You may have to have a talk with some of your athletes sir 🤣!
Keith: What??????? Which one?
Krissy laughed at "What??????? Which one?

I locked my phone while laughing. He was gonna come home asking all sorts of questions. One time Tiana brought up a boy and he almost had a heart attack. It was the funniest thing ever.

>>> Weekend of Keith's Work Conference

Tiana was sitting on her tablet on FaceTime with Skylar as Taylor colored at the kitchen table. These kids need some outside time, they've been inside all day despite it being so nice outside.

"Do you guys want to go to the park?" I ask sipping on my strawberry banana smoothie. Both of their heads popped up.

"Can I come too?" Skylar asks on the call.

"Yeah girl. You're invited anytime. Ask your mom if she'd want to join. We can grab lunch after."

"Ya'll go put your shoes on."