Chapter 9 Birthday

Krissy

I slide into my knee high boots before taking a look in the mirror. Twenty three looked good on me, I think to myself as I smile in the mirror. Keith and I were going to dinner, he should be here soon. Justin took me out for a nice lunch at a place with an amazing view, it was great. My friends would stop by occasionally dropping off gifts, I really felt loved.

As I spray on a light coat of perfume, I look down at Kane admiring me.

"My sweet boy. Mama loves you," I say before he approaches me. He snuggles his head in between my legs. I think I'm obsessed!

I switch the light off in the bathroom and grab my purse before walking downstairs to the living room. Justin was sitting on the couch on his computer.

"Took the day off huh?" I laugh as I see him in his work file.

He turns around but hesitates before speaking.
"What, do I look crazy?" I ask confused.
"No you look good. Damn." He says looking me up and down.

"Stop."
"No,no. I'm a little jealous, I'm not gonna lie." He admits.
"Of who? Keith?" I plop down next to him on the couch.
"You didn't wear this to lunch baby."
"I know, I wore a dress. I want to take pictures though outside of the place we're going to. Is it too much? Should I change?"
"Absolutely not. It's your birthday. You deserve whatever you want."

I smile before kissing his cheek. Kane squeezes in the small space between us.

"Ah little man," Justin smiles playing in his fur.

"Are you gonna be here when I get back?"
"I'm probably gonna head to the gym as soon as I finish these meeting notes. I'll shower and come back after. You need anything?"
"No. Wait. Kane needs food."
"Oh, I already grabbed some. It's under the sink. In the hallway closet he has a leash and two bowls. We can get him some more stuff tomorrow if you want."
"Yes, that sounds lovely. You're really the best J."

"Anything for you." He kisses me once more as my phone starts ringing.

Keith must be outside.

"Alright bae. I'll see you later. Before you leave, make sure to lock the door and put Kane up please." I kiss his cheek.
"Of course. Call me if you need me. Have fun. I love you."
"I love you too."

I walk out the door to see Keith getting out of the car. He was dressed so nice. I had actually never seen him like this before. He cleaned up well.

He stopped in his tracks as he notices me. He held a gift bag in his hand.

He just looks at me for a second.

"Happy birthday. You look good." He finally says.
"Thank you Keith." He pulls me into a small hug before handing me the bag.
"You didn't have to." I say.
"Just a little something special for you. You ready to go?"
"Yes." I smile as I get in the car. I'm curious as to what's in the bag.

I had gotten a little bit of everything today I felt like. Even some stuff got mailed to me from friends.

We arrive at the restaurant and get seated in our reserved table.

"How's your day been going so far?"
"Really good actually. I've heard from everyone I care about. I've gotten really nice gifts including a dog. I don't know, it feels good to be loved."
"A dog? That does sound like a good day. I'm glad to hear you're enjoying it. What kind of dog?"
"His name is Kane and he's a golden doodle. He is so precious. You'll have to meet him when we get back."