Chapter 5 - Weekend Getaway

Thursday, October 29th
Krissy

I place my suitcase and purse by the front door. The groupchat decided it was time for a weekend getaway. We hadn't hung out in about a month. The rules were that we weren't allowed to bring significant others. Not that we didn't respect each other's relationships but we just wanted to enjoy each other's company. At this point all of us were in relationships.

Justin and I were pretty much official. We still hadn't had sex. I was firm on the three month rule. My birthday was next month and that would mark our three months. He had officially asked me to be his girlfriend about three weeks ago and things have been amazing. I was happy and getting treated so well.

Justin walks into the living room where I was sitting on my couch.

"Hey baby, have you ate?" he sits next to me.
"Yeah I ate breakfast. Are you hungry?"
"No, I'm just making sure you ate before you got ready to hit the road. I'm gonna miss you."
"Well good thing it's only a weekend," I laugh pecking his lips but he deepens the kiss.

"As long as you don't forget to call me." he rubs my chin with his thumb.
I slightly bite my bottom lip while looking at his.
"I'll call you before I go to sleep like I usually do."
"I like the sound of that," he kisses my lips once more.

The plan was to leave in about an hour. We rented an SUV with enough space for all of us. It would be about a four hour drive but I planned on sleeping the whole time.

After my episode ended, I double checked around my place to make sure everything was clean, locked and unplugged.

Justin helped put my bags in his car since he was the one dropping me off. We head to the meeting spot which was Caleb's place.

"Bae, I think I have puppy fever," I say as I scroll through my explore page.
"Oh yeah? What kind of dog?"
"A golden retriever or a golden doodle. They are so cute."
"You're such a girl," he laughs causing me to do the same.

We arrive at Caleb's and he puts the car in park. Everyone was in the yard loading the SUV with their significant other. Ugh, is this adulting? We get out of the car and I watch Justin as he grabs my bags.

MJ ends up loading my stuff in the truck to give me enough time to say bye to Justin.

"Come here pretty girl," he extends his hand and I take it.

"I hope you have an amazing trip. Call me anytime. I'll gladly take that drive. Be safe, I love you," he says without breaking eye contact.

That was his first time saying that.

"I love you too Justin. I'll text you when we get there." He gives me multiple kisses and a hug.

"I slipped something in your purse for you too," he winks before getting into his car.

I just smiled and got into the SUV. I thought my love language was gifting until I met him.

"You are sprung and glowing girl!" Samaria smiles.
"Stop it!" I say trying not to smile.

Haley rubs my belly.
"You sure you're not?"

"Girl please." I laugh unzipping my purse.

There were 5 100 dollar bills with a note on top.
"You deserve this and more - J"

Wow. He didn't have to do this. I pull out my phone to text him thank you before I get comfortable enough to fall asleep.

>>>

We had arrived at the Air Bnb about an hour ago and everyone was settled into their own rooms. The plan tonight was to go to a jazz night at a popular club downtown. We had made reservations because apparently this was a big thing that happened once every couple of months.