Chapter 1 - The Bar

Friday, August 22nd
Krissy

I walk to the staff parking lot and let out a deep sigh. It's been a long week and it's only the first week of school. I'm a second grade teacher and it's my first year. This week was not only the most amazing week of my life but it was very demanding. College doesn't prepare you for how draining it can actually be. I've already finished lesson plans for next week so this weekend I deserve to finally clean my apartment, restock my groceries and hopefully go out for a drink.

Driving home, I thought to myself. I'll have to go to the bar alone because my two closest friends live in different cities. I miss them dearly but we only get to see each other a few times a year with everyone in such a busy career. Aliyah is a criminal defense lawyer and Kira is a physical therapist. That means most of the time I do things on my own whether it's trying a new restaurant or exploring new cities. I've gotten used to it by now but some company would be nice.

After arriving home, I unpack my work bag and place it in my office. Feeling a sudden boost of energy, I end up deep cleaning my whole apartment while I could. As I finished up, I placed a grocery order online.

I walk inside of my bedroom and begin to prepare for a shower. I think I'll actually go to the bar tonight so that means I need to shave and exfoliate incase I decide to wear a dress.

'Hey Alexa, play where you at by Brent Faiyaz'
'Playing where you at by Brent Faiyaz.'

Undressing, I sing along with the song. After an overstimulating week, this decompressing time was what I needed.

After showering and moisturizing, I slide into my robe as I hear my front door bell ring. My groceries are here. Wow, that was fast but perfect timing. Jogging down the steps, I open my door and collect my groceries.

I go ahead and put everything away so I wouldn't get too lazy to do it later.

Honestly, I could go to bed right now but I haven't ate dinner and I don't feel like cooking. All signs are pointing to go to the bar. I could have a drink or two and order food there. Might as well.

Walking back upstairs, I scan my closet for something to throw on. I decide on a white top with a white bralette underneath with a pair of jeans and heels to match the top. I finish getting dressed and began to take a few pictures and videos in the mirror knowing I'd probably never post them.

 I finish getting dressed and began to take a few pictures and videos in the mirror knowing I'd probably never post them

Grabbing my purse, I fill it with a couple things I may need before heading to my car.

Lord, I pray tonight is good to me. Hopefully, I'll meet at least one person.

Arriving at a popular place in town, it was getting pretty crowded but I'm pretty sure I could get in still. I park my car and take a quick glance in the mirror. At least I look and smell good. Smiling to myself, I walk towards the entrance. I show my ID and head for the only empty seat I see at the bar. The music was blasting through the speakers but at just the right volume. Everyone looked as if they were having a good time. It was low key a vibe in here.