Chapter 10 - Challenges

November 30th
Krissy

"So you're just going to ignore what I'm saying?" I look at Justin as he stands there looking stupid.

"I don't know what you want me to say. I don't understand how I've been acting different."
"Basically everything I said went in one ear and out of the other. Every thing has been different between us. If we're not together Justin, we've at least been in communication for the day. I didn't think I was asking for too much. Just your time?"I sigh getting upset.

"You say when we're not together we're in communication. So how come every time you're with your friends you're away from your phone for hours? Who knows what you could be doing."
"What? Are you kidding me? I'm not the type to sit on my phone all day and you know this. I enjoy my time with my friends. What are you trying to say?"

"That I don't trust you Krissy. Sorry, I just don't."
"Where is this coming from all of sudden?"
"I've just been thinking and some things don't add up."
"Like what? Please explain."
"First off what I said before about you going out with your friends and basically disappearing. You hang out with Keith outside of work entirely too much. You even let him take you out for dinner and you dressed up way more for that than you did for lunch. Are you seeing him?"
"Justin. When I'm with my friends, you're right I'm never on my phone but I always communicate that to you before hand. You've never had a problem with it until now. I'm sorry if you think that about Keith, you could've said something. Keith and I are just friends, I promise. My birthday night was literally the only time we've hung out alone."

Justin just shakes his head. This can't be coming out of no where. Something is up.

I understand his feelings about Keith. If it made him uncomfortable that we hung out outside of work, we could've talked it through way earlier. I do believe I'm being too nice about the situation though. I can feel it in my gut that something is off.

"Justin." I say.
He looks at me without saying anything as if I was a stranger to him. Of course everything goes down hill after we have sex. After three months a man can't keep up the fake persona he used to get with you in the first place.

My phone rings in the kitchen. Sighing, I walk out of the living room and see that Samaria was calling.

Krissy: Hey, What's up?
Samaria: Krissy. The girl. The one Keith brought to the surprise birthday party.
Krissy: What about her?
Samaria: She followed me on Instagram. She posted Justin twenty minutes ago!!! A video of them together with a red heart emoji.

My heart dropped instantly and my throat went dry.

Samaria: Girl, is he there right now? Do you want me to come over? I swear he got you fucked up! I can be there in ten minutes.
Krissy: Sam. I don't know what to do. He is. I don't even know what to say.
Samaria: Listen to me, breathe. Ask him to leave. If he doesn't leave, call me back. I'll be somewhere nearby just incase.

I end the call and take a deep breath. Lord, why me? Walking into the living room, he was still sitting in the same place.

"Justin. I'm gonna have to ask you to leave. I can't do this right now."
"Do what? It seems like you don't care that we're falling apart."

That was my last straw.
"That I don't care? Me? I'm the one who addressed the situation in the first place Justin. You're playing in my fucking face right now. When were you going to tell me you started back messing around with your ex huh? You sure do know how to live a double life. Get the fuck out, now." I yell waking Kane up.
"What are you even talking about? You trying to flip the script on me because of you fucking Keith?"