Chapter 2 - Connections

Saturday, August 23rd
Krissy

Rolling over, I noticed it was eleven thirty. Shit. I never sleep in this late. Grabbing my phone, I had a couple of texts but they were all from the group chat.

Nyla: Everybody make it home safe?
MJ: Yea.
Samaria: Yes.
Haley: Yes mam.
Caleb: Yeah.
Keith: Yup.
Nyla: Krissy?
Haley: She may be asleep.
Caleb: Probably. Are we going to the game today? Game night at my place later too. Mya is gonna cook for us.
Nyla: Yess. You still seeing her? Okay Caleb! Might've found you a wife.
Keith laughed at "Yess. You still seeing her? Okay Caleb! Might've found you a wife."
Caleb: Keith chill lmao!
Haley: Ya'll are something else lol. Do we need to bring anything Caleb?
Samaria: We should do the color scheme thing! Where we pick a color to bring baskets full of!
Caleb: Next time for sure but Mya has everything she's too excited.
Krissy: I was sleeping lol. I'll be there.
Nyla loved "I was sleeping lol. I'll be there."

Keith and Caleb both attach the addresses for both events.

Rolling out of bed, I immediately fix my bed. At least I didn't have a headache. I have a short amount of time to shower, eat breakfast and head to the game. The complex is about twenty minutes away and it was already nearing twelve.

I jog downstairs and decide to make breakfast. I make scrambled eggs with cheese, bacon and fruit with yogurt. I cooked and ate pretty quickly as I read through my bible app. I clean up behind myself before taking a quick shower.

Spraying on a light coat of perfume, I check the time

Spraying on a light coat of perfume, I check the time. It's 12:45. I won't be too late. Grabbing my purse, I throw necessities inside along with my water bottle.

After arriving at the complex, I park and look around. The place was really big and up to date, it looks so nice he wasn't lying. As I walk through the parking lot, I hear someone.

"Excuse me,"
Turning around, there's a guy. Is everybody in this city fine?

 Is everybody in this city fine?