Chapter 19: I Own You

Keira's POV
There's only so long I can avoid Nick.

That night was easy. The door separated us and he respected my wishes enough not to break down the door.

The tune has changed in the past three days. He is getting more aggressive, probably fed up with the one way conversations.

I knew it would be nothing but chaos when he came home at 11am. I'm preparing for Freya's award ceremony. I promised Leen I'll show up even though I'm about to go for a hearing. I'm still speaking to Katya like nothing has happened. She's acting just as clueless.

The banging on the bedroom door won't stop. He's angry. The audacity. I'm not the one who stuck my tongue down another woman's throat.

"Keira! Open the damn door!"

I can't seem to decide between the red and the pink lipstick. I think red expresses just how I feel at this moment. His shouting drowned in the background as I continued to apply my make up without any rush whatsoever.

It was when I picked up my purse that I started to hear heavy thudding against the door. It got heavier by the second until the door came down hard.

He is red with rage, literally red. Again, the audacity. I should be the one red with rage! But when did Nick ever know to act his role? He plays whatever role he wants.

"Are you deaf?" He shouted at me.

"Is something wrong Nickolas?" I asked calmly with a frown on my face. "You look troubled."

"Do you think this is amusing?"

"No one is laughing." I pointed out.

"I have been trying to talk to you. You have kept me on the other side of that door for three days! I'm fed up! We are talking about it right now!"

"Talking about what?"

"The photograph." He spoke a little more calmly. "It's not what you think."

"Care to explain it then?" I asked calmly.

"I can't explain it to you. I just need you to trust me Kei."

"Trust my man when he is kissing another woman? Trust you? No. I don't anymore. Whatever you say won't change anything."

I tried to walk past him but he grabbed hold of my wrist. "You took off your ring. There's plenty to talk about."

"I set a date. I picked a date in May. I allowed myself to dream of a wedding and in a short span of time you knocked me out of the clouds. I don't want the ring and as soon as the matter with the hearing is done, I don't want you either. Let go of me."

He released my wrist. I walked out without any hesitation, briskly walking towards the stairs. He knows exactly what he did. There's nothing to talk about.

"Kei." He called me once I was at the bottom of the steps. "I'm not coming to Freya's thing. I'm going to Italy."

"So?" I shrugged.

"Will you be here when I get back?"

"No." I answered. "Neither will the kids. But you can always replace us with Katya and Terrence."

"Kei you are being fickle!"

"Fickle?" I cast my purse aside. I began to climb the steps. "Fickle you say? For what exactly?"

He came down to meet me halfway. "We have five kids-"

"Exactly!" I screamed at him. "And you have the nerve to kiss another woman! You want to talk about it? Let's talk about it! You said you were working late that night! Is that work? Kissing another woman?"