Chapter 9: Mine For The Night Part 2

Keira's POV
I can feel Mancini's eyes on me. I can also hear my heart pounding in my ears. I can't wear this!

"What's wrong with it?" He asked me.

A lot about this situation is just wrong. First and foremost, it's 1am in the morning. I should be home probably attending to Ella's 1am tantrums. Second, it's the dress. It's a little stretchy thing that will leave little to imagination. I can see through the sparkly burgundy fabric. It's what my grandmother would say starts too late and ends too early. Third, how am I supposed to put it on in a moving car with three men?

"I can't wear this."

"As much as I love your dress, it's too much for what we are going to."

"What are we going to?" I asked him. "At 1am in the morning?"

"Put it on." He told me in a flat nonnegotiable tone.

"Whoever bought this must think you are with a teenager. I can't wear this. It goes against-"

"Put it on or I'll help you put it on. Who knows..." He shrugged. "...I may just satisfy part of curiosity while I'm at it. Will you wear it yourself or do you need help?"

"I'll wear it. But they-" he pressed a button that raised a board, separating the back front the front.

I have no more excuses.

I slipped off the strap of my dress, followed by the other. "Zipper please." I turned away to show him my back. If I thought that my heart has been fast tonight, it hasn't reached this point. The hairs on my back literally stood up when I felt the warmth of his hand graze my back.

I willed myself not to make a sound. He pulled it down slowly and when he was done, he retracted his hand. I slipped out of the dress without looking at him. I picked a fine day to wear a sheer tulle bra. I kept my eyes forward hoping he is not looking at me. I slipped on the dress, feet first. It's like a little stretchy tube that is supposed to fit my body. Surprisingly, it fits.

I tagged at length but it seems it won't get any longer.

"Satisfied?" I asked him.

"I will be before the sun comes up." He put away the paper. "It's my son's twenty fourth birthday. He decided to have it on a yacht. That's where we are going."

"I didn't buy a gift."

"I didn't either." He shrugged. "His gift is the life in his blood."

"Will your wife-"

"Ex wife." He reminded me sharply. "And no. She won't be there."

"How do you plan to introduce me?"

"Future wife." He answered as the car pulled up close to the ocean. I can hear the waves. Russo got his door and for a moment, I tried to look for away out of here. How fast can I run in a dress that won't even allow my thighs to part? "Come now."

I took his hand, setting my feet on the ground. I shivered when the cold breeze hit me. He took off his coat to drape it over me. He took my hand, holding it tightly and leading me to a speed boat waiting just off the dock.

He got in first. And then took me by the waist to help me in. I sat down, wrapping his coat around myself. He remained standing, indulged in conversation with Russo and the driver.

As I slipped my arms through the sleeve, I felt something. I dipped my hand into the inner pocket to find a pack of protection. My throat felt completely dry all at once. He said he will be satisfied by sunrise. Am I his intended?

Yes! Who else?

I glanced back. We are not too far from the shore. If I jump off, I can swim to shore. There is only one problem. Since I almost drowned in Greece, I haven't had the courage to swim in anything that is not a swimming pool with a lifeguard. The fear still grips me.