Chapter 48

It was the school's annual day celebration that day.

We all were helping the volunteers to finish the stage decoration.

"Yaar, Vir! Bring give this basket to Rey na.." Rehan requested me while passing me a basket full of yellow flowers.

I noticed that Reyansh was standing up on the lop of the ladder and doing the decoration. He was calling someone. A girl. She was standing in front of me with her back facing me.

I didn't recognise her until she turned and touched the basket to get it from me.

Madhvi.. my mind pronouncing her name. We both got frozen at that instance. She blinked and turned away with the basket. Embarrassment.

She passed the basket to Rey.

And that stupid boy didn't hold the basket properly and the yellow flowers literally showered over both of us. We both shuddered in the sudden incidence of flowers showering over us.

"Sorry Madhvi and Vir!!" He yelled from above the ladder.

I was just froze looking at her.

She was looking.. so beautiful! So pretty! For me.. beauty is the depiction of one's inner self. No need of fair and smooth skin with gorgeous features. Being natural is beauty that she is!

With those beautiful eyes looking down in shyness, her long flowing hair had flowers hung to them as if the flowers found their new home. Her hands keeping the loose strands away from touching her cheeks. She then slowly looked up to face me.

Gosh! I'm killed.

Then Reyansh teased me as I was standing close to her and then I realised our proximity. I stepped backwards bit still looking at her.

Reyansh started laughing and I glared at him before leaving. Even though I left from there, she has captured my thoughts and actions.

Soon the celebrations started.

We were settled on our seats and were watching thr program.

"Shoo!! Shooo!!" I heard Raghu's voice. I turned to look at him.

He was scaring a cat away, which was sitting under one of the chairs. I held his hand and made him sit silently, glaring at him.

We were watching Vansh's cute speech. He was very anxious last night about his performance. He didn't slept well too. But he had done a great job today and I'm so proud of my little smurf.

I just stood up to leave after the celebration has ended but I heard a shrill cry was heard from behind. I turned back and a girl fell on me crying in fear.

We both landed on the ground and she was beside me. God! She must've got hurt. I looked into her eyes which were scared and were filled with tears. I was about to ask if she was okay but then, someone pulled me up by collars.

"How dare you?" I heard someone's angry voice. I looked at the man before me who was as tall as me but had a strong body.

He was in hos late twenties I think.

How dare am I? Is he so dumb that he's thinking I wanted to fall her? That too Madhvi Mehta? Never!

"Prashant.. Cool down!" The principal said placing his hand over the man, Prashant's shoulders.

Prashant Mehta! I see.

What a pleasant meeting? I just laughed sarcastically in my mind.

"I was the one who fell on him." She came forward to stand between myself and her brother, who was standing like a raging bull. Without leaving my collars.