Chapter 20

Flashback- When Shyam broke the truth to Madhvi..

" That day.. Vir didn't use any kind of drugs nor it was his. It was all mine", he said looking down. I was shocked. Vir pulled him up.

" Enough. Now leave ", he said but Shyam pushed him.

" Let her know who is at fault and thats not you!! Dont be so nice to me. After all i messed your life into fucking hell ", shyam yelled at Vir.

He opened his bags and pulled out the drugs and showed me. I was shocked to see those in his bags.

" Its all mine.. that day at library, I was using drugs. He pulled that away from me and slapped me. I ran away when I saw you coming making you assume that Vir was the one having those ", he said looking down closing his bag. He looked at me again who was breaking into tears.

" And that didn't stopped there.. I was so angry at Vir that he slapped me. But didn't realised how good he was. He didn't complain me to anyone and kept it a secret. He could have told you about it to keep his image good but didn't.. he did consider me and my reputation over his. He was very hurt that you thought of him as a drug addict ", he continued.

   I looked at Vir while crying as he didn't look at me but at the ground. Why didn't he tell me the truth ? After all I thought him as a drug addict for all this year.

" Then at the trip to Dalhousie, I was very much jealous about Vir that i loved you but you loved eachother ", he said.

" We don't love eachother ", Vir said and Shyam was shocked.

" I though you were but it's not the main reason I injected him with drug. I injected him because I want everyone to hate him and he need to suffer pain. The drug would be so painful that the person cannot hold control over whatever he does. No one can even if the person is too genuine.. ", he said and I burst out crying reminiscing that night. Shyam continued.

" But I don't know how did you end up in the same hut where we threw him. I.. I'm sorry. Madhvi please don't hate Vir for whatever I did. He had a lot already.. his granny died before two months.. just after the trip. He was very devastated during those time. He didn't meet you because he himself couldn't handle things. He was about to kill himself but restrained from doing so.. for certain reasons.. his responsibilities.. "

" That day I tried to use drug again as I got to know the truth. I want to hurt myself, but Vir snatched it away from me. He told me that I don't have to feel guilty but I couldn't. I will accept even if you ask me to die. I can't live with this guilt. I thought being ashamed is more cruel but living with guilt is the most cruel for me.. ", he said crying. I slapped him hard.

Flashback ends...

I couldn't handle things right now after knowing that Vir was innocent all thus time. He took all blame and hurt I gave on him. He accepted everything I inflicted on him.

Vir.. I'm really sorry. Forgive me. Please...