Chapter 42

12th March 1990

| Vir Singhania |

"Vir! Beta! Get up na!" I heard grandma shaking me continuesly. I was sleeping on my stomach and my face was buried into the pillow.

Argghh. I can't even sleep now?

I closed my ears with my palm. All I wanted was sleep now. Let me sleep...!

"Vir! This boy..." she mumbled and left me. She went out of the door and shut the door closed behind.

I smiled in victory.

But my smile vanished as soon as the door was opened again. I pretended to sleep again. There was a complete silence for a few seconds until a small, soft palm touched my cheeks.

I didn't budge.

I felt the little smurf getting on the bed by stomping my back and ouch! It hurts a bit. Then he started to jump.

"Mummy! Mummy! Get up! Get up! Get up! Mummy!!!!!!!" He squealed. I palmed my ears and jolted up from my sleeping position. And thus little guy stumbled and fell over me, leading us to lay over the bed again.

"Ayeee... Mummy! Good morning!" He said while pinching my cheeks. I just chuckled at his cuteness.

"Good morning, my boy. But call me brother or bhai or bro or simply Vir!" I whined.

"Why? Can't I call you mummy? I have no mummy. Teacher told me that Mom is the person who gives selfless love to little guys like me. You know I have no mom. Only you and grandma. Grandma is my grandmother and you my MUMMY! Because you give me love, care and affection." He said while palming my face and kissed my cheeks.

My heart hurted looking at his love and his words sank deep down my heart. I felt the happiest alive.

Tears brimmed my eyes but I blinked them away. Because if he sees that, he will think I'm hurt. This boy couldn't even differentiate happy and sad tears.

"Aww.. Vansh! You can call me anything you like to. I'm not denying it. Fine?" I said cupping his cheeks and he giggled hugging me. I hugged him back. I kissed his cheeks and my stubble tickled him making him giggle.

We both hugged again.

I looked at the photo frame over the wall. The couple smiling at me.

Why are you both smiling at me like that?

You left us both alone. And yet have the audacity to smile at us. Huh?

I felt him poking my bicep to gain my attention. I looked at him who was sitting on my lap with pouty lips.

"You got an off? Why can't I take off too?" He asked gripping hia uniform dress as if it was irritating him.

"Who said I got an off? Vansh?" I asked and he tilted his head.

"Go have your breakfast meanwhile I get ready. Let me drop you at school and I'll depart to my office." I said sternly and he looked at me with tears.