Chapter 38

Tears streamed down my cheeks as I felt his angry gaze boring hole on my skull. I have never ever witnessed him this infuriated and that scared me to hell.

I retreated my feet back to the floor not daring to keep it even on the very first stair.

"Vir.." I whispered with tears. Even with the blurry vision, I can see him taking fast strides in my direction.

I felt his fingers run through my cheeks, wiping my tears off. I was very scared but by the time his fingers touched me softly, I forgot it all. I felt safe with him once again.

"Sshh. Madhvi. Sorry!!" He apologized and hugged me. It took me few minutes to grasp the incident and retrieve back to present.

I sometimes worry about him. What if he has an other personality? Just like how he shouted at me once and hugging me then?

He waited in the same position. His muscles were stiff and tensed as I didn't hug him for long. I slowly surrounded my arms around his torso and buried my face in his chest letting all the tears wet his shirt. I felt him relax with the simple gesture.

This man!

"I'm sorry Madhvi! The thought of you getting hurt scares me to an extent that I forget myself and react as such. Please Madhvi, don't do that again to me, my love!" He said after breaking the hug, looking at my rather wet eyes, caressing my cheeks gently.

I nodded and looked down.

"I'm sorry, Vir!"

"It's okay. Now tell me. How was the saree? You liked it, love?"

Love. That word became our sweet endeavor to eachother. We started pronouncing it often that we forget to address names at times. Funny, right?

"I loved it, Vir! But don't spend money lavishly. We are so much in need of it when it goes near future. Please, Vir. Have some control of it." I said cupping his cheeks.

He frowned. I know it upsets him whenever I ask him to control his urge to spend money for my comfort and all.

"But it's all my earnings. If not you, then whom am I going to spend for?"

"Vansh and our child." I replied.

As far as I know, Vir was working for daily wages. How daring of himself to think he has earned a lot and want to spend it all? This guy nah.. crazy!

"You think I'll forget them. You think I wouldn't have thought about them and only ourselves?"

"Sorry Vir. But when did you think for 'ourselves' as you mentioned? As far as I know, you've thought about yourself only once in hundreds of your thoughts that surrounded me. You never take good care of yourself."

"Madhvi, I-"

"Stop right there, Vir! Now, stop it all and listen to me. Will you?"

He folded his arms and looked at me pitifully. This guy though!

"Okay ma'am."

"Stop kidding, Vir!"

He just laughed and took a step forward suddenly that I took a step backwards in the rhythm of his ones. He placed his one arm around my shoulder and bent down while circling the other one behind my knees, picking me up in the bridal style.

"We can sit and talk. Can't we? I've told you a lot of times to not stand for too long. You are in your third trimester, Madhvi Singhania. Standing too long isn't good at this time. You know if you ever do this again, then I'll complain to your cook to not to make kheer for you for a whole month." He complained while walking towards our room, going inside and placing me on the bed softly. He took his seat beside me.