57. Corey Warner

As the morning sun filtered through the curtains of their cozy apartment, Corey Warner stirred from his slumber. Stretching his arms above his head, he glanced at the clock beside his bed. It was 8:00 AM.

Corey swung his legs out of bed and padded over to the kitchen, where the aroma of freshly brewed coffee greeted him. Anastasia, his girlfriend, stood at the counter, flipping pancakes with practiced ease. Her smile lit up the room as Corey wrapped his arms around her waist, pressing a gentle kiss to her cheek.

"Morning, sleepyhead," Anastasia teased, handing him a steaming mug of coffee.

"Morning, Anni," Corey replied, returning her smile. "You're up early."

Anastasia chuckled. "Someone has to make sure you eat a proper breakfast before your big game today."

Corey chuckled, knowing full well how important Anastasia's pre-game rituals were to her. As a nutritionist, she took her role in his life both on and off the field seriously.

After breakfast, Corey kissed Anastasia goodbye and headed to the Sydney Swans training facility. The familiar buzz of activity greeted him as he walked onto the field, his teammates already deep in warm-up drills. Corey joined in, the adrenaline of the upcoming game coursing through his veins.

Hours passed in a blur of practice drills and strategy sessions. As game time approached, Corey felt a familiar mix of excitement and nerves building within him. The Swans were facing off against their toughest rivals, and Corey was determined to give it his all on the field.

As the final minutes before kickoff ticked away, Corey found himself drawn to his phone, scrolling through messages from Anastasia. Her words of encouragement never failed to calm his nerves and strengthen his resolve.

With a final glance at his phone, Corey slipped it into his pocket and jogged onto the field with his teammates. The roar of the crowd filled his ears as the game began, adrenaline fueling every move he made.

The match was intense, with both teams fighting tooth and nail for every inch of ground. Corey threw himself into the fray, his focus unwavering as he chased down the ball with single-minded determination.

As the final whistle blew, signaling the end of the game, Corey felt a rush of exhilaration wash over him. The Sydney Swans had emerged victorious, thanks in no small part to his own efforts on the field.

Amidst the celebrations, Corey searched the crowd for Anastasia, finally spotting her in the stands, her face beaming with pride. Making his way over to her, Corey swept her up into a tight embrace, the thrill of victory coursing through them both.

"You played so well!" Anastasia said, her eyes shining with admiration. "I'm so proud of you."

Corey grinned, pressing a kiss to her lips. "Couldn't have done it without you,"

As they made their way out of the stadium, hand in hand, Corey knew that with Anastasia by his side, he could take on anything life—or football—threw his way.

-

hey guys 

sorry havent done any chapters - i was gonna do yesterday but it was my bdayyyy, n i was superrr busy yesterday and today. jus squeezing a few chapters in!! 
have a good one