50. Jack Silvagni

"Shit," I cursed under my breath as the words of the article sank in. Jack, my boyfriend, couldn't play this year. The disappointment radiated from the screen, and my heart sank. He had rarely played last year, and now this setback felt like a cruel twist of fate. I couldn't help but feel an overwhelming sense of empathy for him. How could he keep this from me? I called him immediately, my concern overriding any frustration.

"Hey," I spat out as soon as he picked up his phone. "Hi," he responded, a subtle sniffle betraying his attempt to hide his emotions. "You alright?" I asked, my worry palpable. "Yeah," he replied, but the tone of his voice gave away the falsehood.

"Jack, I heard about your leg–" I began, but he cut me off abruptly. "I don't want to talk about it," he said, his voice carrying a mix of frustration and pain. "Jack, seriously," I sighed, frustration giving way to a deep concern for him. "I have to go," he said, and the line went silent.

Left with unanswered questions, I decided to send him a message.

Cara: I'm sorry if I asked too much, I just want to make sure you're ok x

Within moments, his response popped up.

Jack: It's fine. I just need a bit of time to process it. I should be sorry.

I felt a pang of guilt. I wanted to be there for him, and I wasn't sure how to navigate through the distance he seemed to be putting between us.

Cara: No - you shouldn't. I understand how much it meant for you to play this year. If you need anything lmk J.

A few minutes later, another message from Jack appeared, and my heart sank even further.

Jack: Can you maybe come over?

Instantly, my worry shifted into action.

Cara: Of course 🤍

I rushed to his place, my mind filled with concern and questions. As I entered, Jack's eyes met mine, revealing a mix of frustration, disappointment, and vulnerability. Without saying a word, I pulled him into a comforting hug.

Cara: Love you 🫶🏽
Jack: ly2 xx

As we navigated the unspoken emotions hanging in the air, I knew that, despite the challenges, we would face them together. 

hey guys 

i fr feel so bad for sos. wish he could play, wishing like the speediest recovery for him n weiters their so nice like when i met em anyways my hw this yr is not even funny its the biggest overload 

have a good one