9. Josh Dunkley

As we made our way down the field, I noticed my husband Josh standing in the distance. He was kneeling down, knees up yet his head in hands. I felt so bad for him and the rest of the team.

I held our 2 year old daughter, Chloe, in my hands. "Dada!" She spoke, with her dummy / pacifier in her mouth. Josh then heard her and stood up. I knew he was so hurt right now so I opened my arms and he hid his head in my shoulder.

I scratched his hair slowly as I spoke, "You played so well love" I whispered into his ear. We stood there for a bit until he pulled back from the tight hug.

"Fuck!" He turned around as he then put his hands over his face. He then came back and kissed my cheek as he hugged me again. Chloe then started saying random words and then when Josh pulled back he opened his arms for her to go into.

She then leaned forward as he caught her and he hugged her. "Did you win!?" Chloe pulled back. "No, princess, we didn't win." Josh looked down as he spoke. I then walked up to Josh and put my hands on his face.

"Josh, you did so well. You just learn from your mistakes and come back stronger next year, I'm so proud of how far you've come. You shouldn't be disappointed, look around, you made grannies, Josh" I smiled.

Josh threw an arm around my shoulders. "I love you so much" He kissed the side of my forehead. "I love you, too" I smiled.

After the post-game talk, and once everyone had spoken to each other, we started walking back towards the parking lot. The atmosphere was a mix of disappointment and exhaustion among the team, but I knew that this was just one game in a long journey.

Chloe, still perched in Josh's arms, was now chattering away about the posters and flags she had seen in the stands. Her innocent enthusiasm was contagious, and it brought a small smile to Josh's face despite the defeat.

As we approached our car, some of Josh's teammates came over to offer words of encouragement. They patted him on the back, reminding him that there were many more games to come. It was heartwarming to see the camaraderie among them.

We all climbed into the car, and as I buckled Chloe into her car seat, Josh reached over to hold my hand. "Thanks for being here with me," he said, his voice filled with gratitude.

I squeezed his hand and replied, "Of course, Clo and me will always be here for you love" Josh smiled again, a glimmer of determination in his eyes.

Driving home, our little family may not have celebrated a victory on the field today, but we celebrated something even more important—our unwavering support for one another. The setbacks of today would only fuel Josh's determination to improve and come back stronger next season, and we would be right there with him every step of the way.

-
hey guys
i acc lit feel so bad for brisbane but there's always the years ahead of us their time will come but yeah hope u enjoyed that

have a good one