CHAPTER 16

I wanted to comfort her, tell her sweet things into her ear but she refused to open the door " Juilet. Baby, please open the door" she could barely talk in hiccuping tears.

" L-lea-leave me alone. Olivia, I want to be alone. You can go home" it broke my heart hearing her like this sounded like she could barely get a full breath in.

" I'm not leaving you" sitting on the floor leaning my body against the door as I tried to hold back tears. I've always been a very sensitive person.

Juilet sobbed for hours till she finally unlocked the door it snapped me awake she didn't even make it to the bathroom before I stepped into the bedroom " you're still here" her eyes were bloodshot and swollen. Her cheeks and nose red and her lips a dark shade of pink and plumb she looks beautiful even after she cries.

" Of course I'm still here. You thought I would leave you?" I pulled her into my arms first she was tense then she loosened up wrapping her arms tightly around my slim waist, resting her head on my shoulder.

" I'm sorry that I shutted you out. My parents is a very difficult thing for me to comprehend. I miss them but they don't miss me" I ran my hand through her blonde hair before rubbing her back.

" I'm sure that they do but they are just tied up in their ways. You don't need them, Juilet. You have me, Ashton, Conan and now you have Hannen back. Sometimes family isn't your blood but family you can choose as well. They love you Juilet and so do I it breaks my heart seeing you like this. Let me be there for you, darling" silent tears started to come out of her eyes once again.

" Please, forgive me, Olivia" she cried hiding her face in her hands.

" I couldn't help it please don't be angry with me" I noticed the pill bottles once again. She leans towards the pills when she is disappointed and upset.

" I'm not angry with you, baby. Just wished you wanted me to lean on. How many did you take?" I was disappointed for sure but for so long it was just her alone to deal with such intense emotions.

" What is perscribed. I haven't took it since the last time I swear. I'll try to be better for you, sweetheart" I wrapped my arms around her and it wasn't long till she fell asleep and the pills knocked her out for a long time till 11 the next morning. Good thing it was Saturday.

I woke up to the sweet smell of chocolate " morning, Olivia. How is Juilet? I was worried about her" she wore one of Juilet's robes.

" She's alright, just gonna let her rest. What are you making? it smells really good woke me up" she was leaning over the stove.

" I'm making Juilet's favorite breakfast that my mama made us every time she would sleep at my house. My mama would make us this in the morning Juilet would always beat me to the table it's called hagelslag it's bread, melted chocolate and chocolate sprinkles. My mama would serve it with seasonal fruit and black tea thought it'll make her feel better" we heard the bedroom door open.

" Is that hagelslag?" Juilet was smiling looked like she was in a better mood then last night.

" How could you guess" Hannen teased.

She wrapped her arms around my waist from behind leaning her chin on my shoulder " I know the smell anywhere. I haven't had it since I left holland it looks just like your mama made it" I pulled her onto my lap.

Hannen spread the melted chocolate onto the bread before adding chocolate sprinkles on top " you'll have the first serving" she put fresh strawberries on the side, pouring the steaming tea out of the teacup into the delicate teacup pouring a little sugar and cream.

We both watched as she took a bite " hmmm, Hannen have I told you how much I love you" her eyes rolled to the back of her head it gave me thoughts.

" It's a traditional Dutch breakfast my mama never was fond of chocolate while Hannen's mama was all about the sweets. Try some sweetheart" feeding me the sweet bread making chocolate flavor explode in my mouth making me instantly crave more.