CHAPTER 17

I walked into commissary for lunch after when I spotted a familiar face, her face is down reading a novel "Maisie, what are you doing here?" she wore an old fashioned dress that made her breasts look more prominent and head piece. She looked up and smiled at me.

" I'm here on business" I sat across from her trying not to beam with joy. She never told me that she was coming to Columbia pictures for business.

" What kind of business? why, didn't you tell me that you were coming?" she lifted up the novel that she was reading ' Little Women'. I gasped as I sat down across from her

" It's a secret promise not to tell" I eagerly nodded my head, crossing my heart.

" They are making a film adaption of the play and I just got back from a fitting for Beth" my hands covered my mouth from pure excitement. My favorite character, my favorite date we've ever been on, my baby girl.

" Now nobody is suppose to know till a couple of more weeks. MGM lead me out and I'll be filming here on the Columbia pictures lot" I was beaming with pure excitement having my lover so close to me everyday at work.

" We can eat lunch together everyday. We can see each other now more then ever oh, this is so exciting" hiding in plain site at the work place.

" I know it'll be so grand. We'll discuss about it later. I have someone I want you to meet, Lana" Maisie waved over a women dressed in the same kind of garment as her.

She rose to greet her with an embrace " Lana, this is one of my closest friends Olivia Rodrigo" the women had jet black hair, green eyes, and porcelain skin.

" Oh, I'm very pleased to meet you, Olivia. Maisie has told me so much about you, she introduced me to your music" it made me feel good that she talks about me outside of our circle. It made me feel special.

" Nice to meet you too. Please, sit" it gave me to excuse to now sit next to Maisie.

" Shall we order" I ordered a cheese burger and fries, Lana ordered a salad with a side of chicken, Maisie ordered the same thing as me.

" How did you guys meet?" trying to start off the conversation.

" We meet on the MGM lot at school. I introduced myself to her and figured out we had a lot in common both fleeding our hometowns because of the war and we never stopped talking. We've been friends for years but this is the first time we've ever worked together 4 months with this lovely women" the waiter brought us our food Lana and I got what we've ordered but Maisie had a bowl of broth in front of her.

" She ordered what I Ordered" I said.

" Just following orders" the gentlemen said.

" I swear Mr. Mayer has eyes everywhere" Lana said putting the napkin on her lap.

" At least he lets you have real food. I hate it when he puts me on these liquid diets" Maisie sighed, scooping up a spoon full of the steaming broth into her mouth.

" I'll make you a big supper, tonight" I whispered into her ear, she gave me a little tug of a smile.

I felt so bad eating a burger and fries in front of her it wasn't fair " we have to squeeze into those little corsets the wardrobe department literally almost took all the air out of my lungs" that's why her tits look so voluminious now I can't help but not try to stare at them.

" Are they gonna dye your hair?" Maisie asked.

" No, just gonna wear a wig with longer hair. Had to try on a bunch of wigs in my fitting my head is going to be so itchy. You gonna dye your hair, is it a part of your contract?" I hope they aren't gonna dye it black or red I thought.