CHAPTER 21

HAZEL'S POV

"Why Dad isn't waking up?"

I went back to the hospital after I change my clothes and get my Mom's things too. I slept a little then left the house. I thought Dad will wake up before I get back but he's still unconcious.

"Doctor said we have to wait, right? Let's not think of negative and just pray for him to wake up soon." Mom went up to me, beside Dad.

I sighed. "Mom, I'm sorry."

"For what, honey?"

"I know the truth about me but I didn't tell you. I thought it is okay since we're happy and Dad treat me as his real daughter. He loved me so much."

Her eyes widened in shock. "H-how did you know? And y-you're not gonna run away and be mad at us?"

I chuckled, "Mom, I'm not in a movies or tv dramas. I know it will cause my family a problem and I don't want that. So, even if you say that I'm not your daughter, I'll still stay 'cause I know you and Dad loves me for who I am."

Tears started flowing on my Mom's eyes and then she hugged me tight. "You're OUR daughter Hazel Devero. We are the family of Devero, Your Dad, me, you, Semi and Sophie."

"Yea, but I don't consider Sophie as my sister now for hurting my father."

"Haze, I understand. I will handle her from now on, she will change her attitude or else..." Mom sounded angry too but didn't continue what she's about to say.

"Or else what Auntie?" we looked at the person who just appeared. It was Sophie.

"What are you doing here again?" I asked.

"Visiting my Dad, what else?"- Sophie.

"Wow, after what you did, you still have the guts to come here?"

"Well, I'm his daughter so he's going to forgive me." she said and put the flowers he brought on the table.

Before I could talk, Mom went to her. "Sophie, Sorry to say this but you will move out from our house and you will stay in a dorm near your school. I will give your allowance lower than before."

"What? No!" she protested.

"You don't have a choice. If you don't want that then work for yourself."- Mom.

"You're not the one who can decide that. Let's just wait until my Dad woke up."- Sophie.

"Semi and I already talked about this."- Mom.

"No way he will let that-"- Sophie was cutted off by Semi who appeared at the door.

"Auntie is right, Sophie. You'll stress Dad out if you stay in their house."- Semi.

"What?!" Sophie then looked and glared at me. "This is all your fault. You manipulated them all to take your side."

"What? You're delusional, you're blaming me for the things you can't get. Be thankful they didn't kicked you out completely." I said.

"Of course they won't. I'm his daughter after all. The one and only real daughter." she confidently said.

I raised my eyebrows and smirked. "Oh, are you sure?"

She was shocked and confused. "O-of course. Tsk, fine. I'm going now." she said and stormed off.

"What was it Haze?" Semi and Mom asked.

"I don't know, I just meant that I'm his daughter too." I replied. But the truth is I know who she is. I know a secret about her too. Tss.

"Okay. Uh are you hungry? I'll buy us some foods." - Semi.